Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonnenma
Paper Tape
Views: 2,042
Message 1 of 8

Y510P microphone doesn't work when computer wakes up

As the subject of this post explains, my microphone doesn't work when the laptop wakes up.  If I restart the laptop it works fine, until it goes to sleep again, and then it won't work.  This is for ALL apps that use the microphone, not just one.  In the device manager, it says everything is working properly, but under the Recording Devices, the microphone is not picking up any sound (no green bars on the right side meter).  Again, this is ONLY after the computer is woken from the sleep state.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, to no avail.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gte6495
What's DOS?
Views: 1,975
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y510P microphone doesn't work when computer wakes up

I am also running in to this issue, which I'm sure doesn't happen in the last model (y500) because my roomate has it, and his mic works fine when his pc wakes from sleep.

It's pretty annoying, it requires a restart to fix in order to use the microphone.

Can't find any solution to it, including driver reinstalling.

Highlighted
Mastermind_0xff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,932
Message 3 of 8

Same situation here. With windows 8 it didn't work after restart either. Only driver reinstall works for a while and again no green bars. After updating to windows 8.1 mic doesn't work only after sleep. Disable/Enable in device manager does not help. Restarting it fixes the problem.

ashishsc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,870
Message 4 of 8

I have the same problem, (microphone will disable when the y510p wakes up from sleep, the only temp fix is to restart). It's driving me crazy, does anyone know if this is a hardware or software problem?

sonnenma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,859
Message 5 of 8

It seems that putting the laptop back to sleep and waking it up again turns the mic back on, which is faster than restarting, so I guess that's better than nothing, but are there any PC guru's out there who can explain this?  The PC waking from sleep disables the mic if it is enabled, and enables it if it is disabled.  I posted the same question on Microsoft's forums and had some views but no answers.

Mastermind_0xff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,846
Message 6 of 8

Just checked sleep workaround and it works! Sleeping it once disables the mic sleep again and the mic works. I noticed that there is significant time needed to detect the microphone before it goes off. It's like it detected very loud sound and tryed to mute the mic. Also If I use windows drivers for it the microphone works but it has some very loud noise. Lowering the "Microphone boost to 0" reduces the ammount of the noise but still there is more noise than signa + the microphone is not working after sleep.

ashishsc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,833
Message 7 of 8

The sleep workaround doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe this is an internal problem as my friend who has the EXACT same machine doesn't have this problem.

Mastermind_0xff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,689
Message 8 of 8

It works sometimes when you have skype ON before sleep - wake up procedure. Also just got mine from repare service.. Microphone fixed + touchpad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors