Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 2,247
Message 1 of 11

Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset

Hi, maybe it was already posted but little had no results so i'm opening another message - there is no fix.

I have Y510P with Windows 8.1 alomost a year (still have waranty). For now I'm using Battery Gauge Reset several times. The last time appear a problem. I started Battery Gauge Reset and when the PC goes 0% it power off and I can't power on it.

After some struggle i found a way to charge it; I have to follow these steps exactly:

1. Turn the machine off

2. Remove the battery

3. Remove power cable from the laptop

4. Remove the powercable from the socket

5. Insert the cable in socket

6. Insert the cable in laptop

7. Start the laptop

8. Insert the battery while the laptop is starting

Then I start to search a solution. I tryed everyting that I found. I already measured my voltage on the power adapter and that seems to work properly, reset BIOS to default setting, power off the PC and hold down power button for 20-30 seconds, reinstall Lenovo Energy Management, charge battery and disharge (from this acticle http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad... ), remove battery and uninstall windows battery driver then insert battery back. Nothing helped!

Is there a fix for this problem or I have to go to service?

linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 2,191
Message 2 of 11

Re: Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset

Hi guys. I try with my car power supply for PC and it works. When I put car power supply to Y510P it alarm me for high current drain for a 1 second and then alarm power off and PC and car power supply works fine.

When I put AC power supply it doesnt work but after it have no DC voltage on the out. I have to unplug it from wall soccet and plug it again to works. I think that AC power supply have any high current safety system and power off the voltage. 

Maybe problem is in battery.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,181
Message 3 of 11

@linuxxp wrote:

Hi guys. I try with my car power supply for PC and it works. When I put car power supply to Y510P it alarm me for high current drain for a 1 second and then alarm power off and PC and car power supply works fine.

When I put AC power supply it doesnt work but after it have no DC voltage on the out. I have to unplug it from wall soccet and plug it again to works. I think that AC power supply have any high current safety system and power off the voltage. 

Maybe problem is in battery.

If you suspect that your problem is with the battery refer to page 22 of your hardware maintenance manula on how to go about it.

linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 2,156
Message 4 of 11

Battery voltage is 11.74V and resistanse between pin 5 and pin 7 on battery is 10kohm. Everything is ok. I don't know were is problem. Have anyone fine a fix already?

linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 2,048
Message 5 of 11

The problem is in motherboard. I'm waiting for new.
calec
Paper Tape
Views: 1,958
Message 6 of 11

linuxxp wrote:
The problem is in motherboard. I'm waiting for new.

Did this work? 

I have the same problem and Lenovo has no idea how to help and has only suggested re-installing the engergy management center. 

linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 1,945
Message 7 of 11

I'm still waiting for motherboard. When they replace it I will write here. Smiley Happy

linuxxp
Punch Card
Views: 1,860
Message 8 of 11

Hi! They change my all laptop with new.
subhankar_das91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,277
Message 9 of 11

my Laptop having same problem but the thing is my warranty was over

so in this case how much they are charging for the motherboard replacement or they will provide me for free ?

olveryu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 10 of 11

same problem, how can I solve?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors