Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adisan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,225
Message 1 of 4

Y510P problems with headphone jack

Hello. Sadly, this is my first post on Lenovo forums.

I've bought Ideapad Y510P this week and here I have first problem with it. It's a new computer, been only transported in car laying flat in its box. Today was the first day I've tried out plugging headphones in.

When I plug them all the way in, only right part works. The left side is all silent. When I try to plug them in slowly, only left side works until I plug them all way in and then only the right side gives out sound.

When I plug my headphones halfway in (very hard to achieve and the jack doesn't want to stay in at all), both sides give out sound properly.

Tried with 3 different working pairs of headphones.

Checked all the drivers (Realtek HD Audio) and it is working. The speakers work wonderfully as well, only the headphone jack gives me problems.

What could be wrong?

Adisan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,205
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P problems with headphone jack

I'm going to bring the laptop to the place I bought it.

Hopefully they'll help me more than Lenovo forums...

Highlighted
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 3,195
Message 3 of 4

Hi Adisan, welcome to the forums,

sorry you didn't receive a reply as quickly as you expected, please remember that this is a peer to peer forum, not a direct support channel, provided by Lenovo in order that members may seek assistance from others and share their experiences. There is a Leonovo presence here but unfortunately there is no guarantee you will receive a direct response.

It's also not uncommon to have to wait some time for a response in a forum, members who are or have similar experience are not always online.

I certainly hope your reseller will be able to help you with this.

Regards

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Adisan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,159
Message 4 of 4

I must say I was rather desperate.
The laptop was taken to the place I bought it in and replaced for a new one because it was less than a week from purchase.

The service said that it was a "built-in" problem, that came from the product being badly made. Smiley Sad
I wish I got a better solution for future lurkers, but now the topic is ready to be closed as I've got a brand new thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors