Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Felix74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 219
Message 1 of 5

Y510P replaced motherboard, SN setting

Hello all,

I have replaced my Lenovo Y510p laptop motherboard. (old one died on me)

now all seems to be wotking as before only don't have the SN burned in the BIOS and the type.

I have read on the net that on the thinkpad there is a way to do it by software provieded by Lenovo.

nothing about IdeaPad.

please help me, don't want to put my computer in lab after I have managed replacing motherboard by myself....

Thanks

Felix

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 56
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y510P replaced motherboard, SN setting

Hi Felix74! We suggest you to bring it to any of our authorized repair centers for the reset tool assistance: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6​. Filter the country then choose the nearest outlet base on your location. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Felix74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 44
Message 3 of 5

Hi, 

I would have, but they want about $80 to check and do the action...

After i replaced all, and all is working, i won't spend so much money to burn the serial. 

I only need the program that is doing it. 

Thanks

Felix 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 39
Message 4 of 5

Hey there, Felix74! Another support here. The SN reset tool is not downloadable from the Lenovo support website or any 3rd party sites. The only way to get the SN on the motherboard is through the Lenovo authorized center. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Felix74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 31
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Then the motherboard will be without the SN

have a nice day

Felix

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors