Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gnivol
Paper Tape
Views: 5,097
Message 1 of 3

Y510P setup SSD cache

I got my laptop the other day, and i saw the SSD was not accessible so I deleted and created a new partition from it, I didnt know it was used as a cache drive....

how can I set it back to a cache drive? I tried deleting the SSD partition and install expresscache but it says it did not find any ReadyCache devices, I saw intel RST suppose to be able to do it but i couldnt find the option in it.

Highlighted
Gnivol
Paper Tape
Views: 5,100
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510P setup SSD cache

solved it myself, couldnt install a new copy of expresscache since its was still in the system

in cmd, type "eccmd" to get a list of options, and "eccmd -partition" to recreate the cache partition from unalocated space from SSD

extremejohn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,689
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510P setup SSD cache

The Easiest Way to Set Up The SSD Drive As Cache in Lenovo Y510p is by using Windows Ready Boost.

Setting Up SSD as cache using Express Cache is More Difficult - Lot Of errors during installation of ExpressCache.

How To Set up SSD As Cache Using Ready Boost :

1. Right Click On The SSD Drive Partition And Take Properties.

2. Select Ready Boost

3. Select The Option "Use This Device" and allocate the entire SSD drive space to Ready Boost.

Ready Boost

Using An SSD Drive As Cache Is Really efficient and Really Reduces the startup Time Smiley Happy

However Use this Method When The size of the SSD Drive Is Less Than 30 GB.

Otherwise Install The OS directly on the SSD Drive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors