Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nuttawut
Paper Tape
Views: 359
Message 1 of 6

Y510p Black Screen once in a while

I have bought Y510p about half a year ago. I had this problem since the first month I bought it, but this problem does not occur so often so I just ignored it. The problem however keeps coming back again and again (once a week on average).

Here is the symptom.  The screen becames black and nothing responses to any action. The only choice I have is to press the power button to restart the computer. One restarted, it works just fine, but as I have said earlier the problem keeps coming back.

It usually occurs when I put my computer into the sleep mode (either by pressing the button or closing the lid) and try to call it back. (Note that this problem does not occur everytime. Most of the time, I can recover my computer from the sleep mode) Sometimes,it occurs when I shut down or restart the computer. It just doesn't turn off. I left it in that state for the whole night and nothing happened (I went to sleep and checked it in the morning).

Thanks you very much! 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 346
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y510p Black Screen once in a while

Hi Nuttawut,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with black screen in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

As you have mentioned that when you resume from sleep the screen becomes black, try to uninstall the energy management and reinstall the energy management and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy management for windows 7

Click here for the energy management for windows 8

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

nuttawut
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 3 of 6

Thanks! I'll try it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 288
Message 4 of 6

Hi Nuttawut,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you try reinstalling the power manager and check for the issue.

Please let us know the finding.

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

nuttawut
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 5 of 6

Hi! I have reinstalled the power manager and the problem hasn't occured (yet). It does occurs once a week on average before, so we need to wait for a while longer. 

Thank you very much for your consideration!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 229
Message 6 of 6

Hi Nuttawut,

Please check for few days and reply with the result.

I am glad to know that your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!Smiley Happy

Ashwin.S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors