Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dudebrino
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 1 of 4

Y510p SLI, still worth it?

Should I get the ultrabay 755 or at this point it makes no difference? what improvements can I expect? 50% better performance? more? less?

fmj7777
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510p SLI, still worth it?

Not worth it. You can probably get a better deal on a cheap GTX1050 laptop, and it will be a LOT faster, unless you're getting a 510p for reeeally cheap, like almost free. Not to mention all the issues the old y510p has.

SLI support nowadays is terrible. Most games that support it do not scale well, at all. Sometimes the game runs faster with SLI disabled. 

SLI used to be cool like 10 years ago. Now is just a gimmick. You will get better scores in benchmarks but that's about it. Not really useful in gaming.

dudebrino
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 3 of 4

Well too bad, and what issues the y510p had? besides overheating I mean (which most gaming laptops have)

fmj7777
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 4 of 4

Most laptops run hot, but throttling is not something you see everyday. Running hot is totally fine. Throttling isn't.

The issues. Bad lcd screen, m.2 slot only works as a cache drive, aluminum wrist rest hurts your wrist unless you raise the back of the laptop, this same aluminum part will corrode over time, the air vents come out from the sides blowing steaming hot air right on your hands, the single gt750 was very underpowered even by 2013 standards and the sli version isn't much better because, well, it's sli.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors