Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Envysko84
Punch Card
Views: 434
Message 1 of 6

Y510p battery problem

I have y510p and I used gauge reset. Work normal, but not working optimal battery life options in the LEM, still show 100% and capacity doesn't decrease but performance is as on the battery with plugged AC. I tried gauge reset again and not working, still 100%. Sorry for my English. Some with similiar problem?? Other works normal just this one.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 381
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y510p battery problem

Hi Envysko84,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issues with battery issue in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Go to device manager select battery, select the drop down list fro mthe battery option select the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery right click on this and select uninstall option restart the machine and check for the issue.

Also reinstall the energy management and check for the issue. Also boot to safe mode and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy management for windows 7.

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Envysko84
Punch Card
Views: 375
Message 3 of 6

i tried and result is still same 100% and battery not discharging, but in the LEM show battery discharging, optimal battery life - performance same with battery but AC is plugged. Probably battery bad or MOBO. I still have some problem with this product, at first HDD, SLI and now this. This is my last buying  of this brand, I am sure.

Envysko84
Punch Card
Views: 368
Message 4 of 6

Is some chance download somewhere firmware for battery of this product and reflash it?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 305
Message 5 of 6

Hi Envysko84,

Try to update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Click here for the BIOS for windows 7,8,8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Envysko84
Punch Card
Views: 299
Message 6 of 6

BIOS is up to date, probably something with battery firmware, symptons are same:" 

Z&P400/500 series battery may suddenly stop charging or discharge. Once in this state, unplugging adapter will cause system to power off immediately. This issue can be resolved by upgrading the Batteryfirmware version to 0003_800A_0010_80A3 or later with the Battery Firmware Upgrade file"

This is update for z and p series, is somewhere for y 510p as well?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors