Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trunk-Jude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 398
Message 1 of 5

Y510p display flashing when scrolling

Hi, trying to figure out why my 2 month old Y510p laptop's display (from new) has been flashing/throbbing around all text while I scroll up/down/sideways on webpages. It's killing my eyes. Text will dim and blur slightly too when scrolling. This seems to occur to varying degrees on all webpages no matter what the background color but really stands out on white pages like the NYTimes.com for example. Interestingly this flashing/dimming doesn't occur on my email or documents like .pdf for examples. This issue happens either on wall outlet power or on battery alone. Or whether I'm using the laptop's trackpad or a wireless mouse. Graphic adapters (Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GT 750M) have up to date drivers and I uninstalled and reinstalled them too. Same with the Synaptics touch pad and Logitech M525 wireless mouse drivers.  Also does it either using wifi or ethernet cable. Any ideas on what's going on and fixes would be apppeciated! Thanks

IdeaPad Y510p laptop

Model# 59370005

1080p display

Windows 8 

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 357
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y510p display flashing when scrolling

what browser is this happening in? also does it happen if you scroll around in windows explorer?

I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
Trunk-Jude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 342
Message 3 of 5

Happens in Firefox, IE 10, Chrome, all latest updates.
Trunk-Jude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 330
Message 4 of 5

Correction, I don't have Chrome installed on this computer just Firefox (ver 25.0) and IE 10. No, it doesn't happen in windows explorer (they call it File Explorer now I guess). I just installed a bunch of brand new updates from Windows Update so I'm up to date with that as well- no change in the flashing issue.

thasleem93
What's DOS?
Views: 218
Message 5 of 5

I hav this problem as well...nd no solutions in the internet seems to fix d problem. i m desperately in need of a solution

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors