Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reconrey
Serial Port
Views: 17,884
Message 1 of 20

Y510p missing Dolby Home Theater

Well, I read online that the Y510p was supposed to have Dolby Home Theater v4 and I can't find it? I looked in the program files as well as the programs and features and can't find anything about it. I reinstalled the driver from the website, and from the d:/ (LENOVO) drive, but I still do not see it. I also did not see Dobly Home Theater listed on the drivers/downloads section of the website.

Any thoughts on how I can get this?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 17,791
Message 2 of 20

Re: Y510p missing Dolby Home Theater

@reconrey wrote:

Well, I read online that the Y510p was supposed to have Dolby Home Theater v4 and I can't find it? I looked in the program files as well as the programs and features and can't find anything about it. I reinstalled the driver from the website, and from the d:/ (LENOVO) drive, but I still do not see it. I also did not see Dobly Home Theater listed on the drivers/downloads section of the website.

According to the spec: sound/speakers - JBL® designed speakers supporting Dolby Home Theatre v4 audio certification for immersive sound. So it may not be a program/driver at all.

reconrey
Serial Port
Views: 17,782
Message 3 of 20

@LenBlazer wrote:

@reconrey wrote:

According to the spec: sound/speakers - JBL® designed speakers supporting Dolby Home Theatre v4 audio certification for immersive sound. So it may not be a program/driver at all.

Well, I saw videos and such of this Laptop and it was showing a Doby equalizer that came as a part of the Dolby software, which is what cause me to question this...

Thanks for the response.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 17,888
Message 4 of 20

The program is not listed in the available software for the Y510P. However, I found the program in this link. But it is for the Thinkpad S430.
reconrey
Serial Port
Views: 17,727
Message 5 of 20

@LenBlazer wrote:
The program is not listed in the available software for the Y510P. However, I found the program in this link. But it is for the Thinkpad S430.

Thanks! That worked!

vladazmn
Punch Card
Views: 16,886
Message 6 of 20

I'm sorry but program from the link you provided doesn't work. It installs and have icon in the system tray but it doesn't process the sound. You can see it by watching at equalizer screen when listening to music, it doesn't show any activity, also the sound is the same with Dolby processing enabled and disabled.

Regarding comment from LenBlazer that Lenovo doesn't say anything about Dolby Home Theater software there is a sticker on the bottom of my laptop that says DOLBY HOME THEATER V4 so I think that we are entitled to own that software. Any reply from Lenovo?

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P | Intel® Core™ I7-4700MQ @2.4GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | Nvidia® Geforce™ GT 755M | 1TB Seagate Laptop SSHD 1000LM014 5400RPM | 64GB MyDigitalSSD Super Cache 2 SATA III/6G M.2 NGFF SSD | 1080p Lenovo Display | Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
vladazmn
Punch Card
Views: 16,794
Message 7 of 20

I have to correct myself. The Dolby Home Theater V4 from the link above works with original audio drivers for Windows 8 provided on the DVD that ships with laptop. When I downloaded never drivers for Windows 8.1 from Lenovo Y510P drivers page, Dolby Home Theater stops working. So for now I will keep using old audio drivers for Windows 8. I hope that this will help. It is strange that Lenovo doesn't provide Dolby software neither on drivers DVD or support page for this model.

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P | Intel® Core™ I7-4700MQ @2.4GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | Nvidia® Geforce™ GT 755M | 1TB Seagate Laptop SSHD 1000LM014 5400RPM | 64GB MyDigitalSSD Super Cache 2 SATA III/6G M.2 NGFF SSD | 1080p Lenovo Display | Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
maheeinfy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 16,337
Message 8 of 20

Go to sound settings

Bottom right of screen > Right Click on Speaker icon > Playback Devices > Select Speakers(Realtek HD audio) > Properties > Go to 'Dolby' tab > Enable it if not already(Ring filled with Blue color is enabled)

Dolby is enabled now. Watch this to feel the difference.(try toggling Dolby on and off and listen to this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVCPE8_ntE

PS: That download link for Dolby software did nothing for me.

ytc093
What's DOS?
Views: 16,210
Message 9 of 20

Thanks a lot!

Ludicrius
Paper Tape
Views: 16,155
Message 10 of 20

is it normal that when I start up/booting my laptop the dolby always turn off? because my dolby always like that... sorry for my bad english, i'm indonesian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors