Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonle87
Paper Tape
Views: 1,160
Message 1 of 4

Y530: Blue Screen Of Death Help

Hello, I recently bought Lenovo Y530 not too long ago & wanted to format my laptop

(yes, I'm aware I'll lose the Back-Up Recovery Feature)

I tried to install Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate & after the installation I get random boot & a blue screen of death with an error code 07B. I tried to search answers online, but no luck.

Please reply ASAP, thanks

Moderator note: Type added to subject line for clarity.

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 24-04-2009 09:58 AM
Highlighted
Retired Guru
Views: 1,149
Message 2 of 4

Re: Blue Screen Of Death Help

Did you install Vista with the SATA controller [in the BIOS configuration] set to AHCI or IDE compatibility mode?

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
dragonle87
Paper Tape
Views: 1,128
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I even try installing 32-bit version & I thought it was going to be a successful install but it just reboot after loading into windows (after the installation, starting up for the first time) for about a minute....

during the reboot process, Lenovo logo shows up...then another quick screen loads up very quick (didn't have get the chance to see it cuz it was too quick....its probably loading drivers or quick memory test i don't know)

but once again loading into windows, it repeats the reboot without B.O.D.

rho
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 4 of 4

Hi Mike, I am having the same problem with my machine when trying to install Vista Enterprise on my Y530 and it's been really frustrating. Is there any resolution to your problem so far ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors