Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrewrod90
Not applicable
Views: 3,419
Message 1 of 16

Y530 Blue scn. death. error code 0x0000008E....

Ok so i have a y530 and when i first got it it was fine. like 3 months later i started getting a dump file scn.(blue)

it happened not a lot. at all. i have been getting it not to much but it happened every once in a while.

But now its 2010 i got mine in january 2009. and now its going insane with this blue screen of death thing.

I get error code 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X00478468, 0XA9591CC0, 0X00000000)

thats the error code i get for the blue screen of death. i have been doing research and apparently it has to do with something of memory. when i boot it up in normal mode it takes like 30 seconds longer to boot up, and when it loads about 5 seconds after desktop is fully up, it goes to the blue scn (dump scn i guess). it post all that stuff and than gives me the error code. I start it in safe mode with networking cuase i have to use the internet to do all my quiz's and hw for college, and it works normal well besides the no volume and lack of resolution and all. In safe mode it runs find allowing me to do my hw which is what i really need, but i really want to fix this problem. becuase i like to play games and everytime i load my computer in normal mode it goes into BSOD. 

Hopefully some1 can help me, mayb narrow the problem down for me, or if you know how i can fix this tell me because i really do not want to go to best buy's geek squad and pay to fix this problem, which might be small.

someone plz help me Smiley Sad

thx you Smiley Very Happy

PS: i had vista when i got it, and i updated it to Windows 7 ultimate.

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 3,386
Message 2 of 16

Re: Y530 Blue scn. death. error code 0x0000008E....

probably ram issue but send me your dmp file. ( will pm my e-mail )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
andrewrod90
Not applicable
Views: 3,374
Message 3 of 16

K i emailed you the dump files. thanks for helping again. truly appreciate it.  By the way i got a 89 on my TEST WOOT! Smiley Very Happy 

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 3,368
Message 4 of 16

your issue is with ntkrnlpa.exe ( kernel_mode_exception_not_handled )

due to it's late ( 00:00 gmt +2 ) i'll check solutions for tomorrow. you can search the web for solutions or wait.

andrewrod90
Not applicable
Views: 3,353
Message 5 of 16

ill check and wait, and ill reply if i find anything. thank you. also i hit f8 in the beginning and my computer gave me a description saying repair files. so i clicked that and it fixed it loaded the desktop on normal mode without hitting blue scn of death. than it went searching for base driver systems. 

it foudn Ricoh xD-picture card Controller=ready to use

Base system Device=no driver found

base system Device=no driver found

Consumer IR Devices=ready to use

Microsoft eHome Infared Transceiver=ready to use.

im still going to searh for what you put.  cuase if it had blue scn pop up multiple times. in time it shall pop up again.

thanks for helping againSmiley Very Happy

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 3,326
Message 6 of 16

sorry for delay, possible solutions are below but i suggest you to make a clean installation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms794023.aspx

andrewrod90
Not applicable
Views: 3,319
Message 7 of 16

k. i have a question if i reinstall windows 7, and i delete all the files from the previous window 7 files that i had. will my computer mess up.

or when i make a clean installation can i reformat the C: drive so it cleans the whole thing out and than pop in the w7 disk and do a clean installation. Will that mess up my computer, or would that be the better way to do it? thanks for help again

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 3,265
Message 8 of 16

you can delete previous windows files and folders such as windows.old. these are previous operation system files.

here the article how to do

gonna use one key recover for installing vista on your system? if so, no need to format c volume, cause okr will do that for you.

if you have windows 7 dvd, no need to install vista before. you can use windows 7 dvd to make a clean installation.

just i need this answer : do you have windows 7 installation disk or upgrade disk?

andrewrod90
Not applicable
Views: 3,136
Message 9 of 16

sorry it took me so long to reply back, i have a windows 7 ultimate disk(guessing the installation not upgrade).. and also i don't know if this is the problem i mean since my last post it was working well again, than i got the New Avast Pro security thing, it worked good the 1st day, 2nd day it just turned off and turned back on. this was strange so what i just did right now was went on normal mode and uninstalled avast from my computer. now its not going on blue screen. is it possible that maybe i have a virus that isn't being picked up or something, and that is why when i get a security up it starts sending me to the blue scn? is that possible? and i mean its not a direct set to blue scn, its more like after a min or 4 it will freeze than go to dump scn.

ok so i was wrong, i thought i had fixed it by deleting my avast, but its still doint it, sometimes it shuts down with just a black sreen and turns off as if shutting down, and sometimes it actually goes to blue scn of death. so would it really just be my kernal memory, or ram stick or w.e

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 3,105
Message 10 of 16

there are known issues with antivirus. some of them may cause blue screen.

i'm not sure it's completely about hardware but if you still got bluescreen error after new installation, probably it is.

if you send me your last dump file, to make sure, i can check it again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors