Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usmanaziz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,612
Message 1 of 5

Y530 Hinge Problem

I have a lenovo Y530 laptop and its hinges came out a few days ago. I've seen many people having the same problem. I am currently in Pakistan and my laptop is still under warranty. Is there a way I can get it repaired?

Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,587
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y530 Hinge Problem

i couldn't find any phone numbers on support page for pakistan , where did you buy your lenovo anyway?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
andystj
Paper Tape
Views: 2,506
Message 3 of 5

I have a y530 that I purchased in 12/08 with a 3 year onsite warranty.  My hinge started feeling loose a couple of weeks ago, and then this afternoon, it went completely floppy.  Without leaning the screen against something, it will flop all the way back to 180 degrees flat (or conversely it will flop closed).

My question is related to the onsite warranty.  The service tech told me that this had to be sent in to "the depot" and then he set up an RMA ticket.  At the end of the call he informed me that it may be a 7-10 day turn-around time.  I sighed and mentioned that it was an onsite warranty.  He replied that this job could not be done onsite. 

So. . . Am I really stuck without my computer for 1-2 weeks?  Can a press for a loaner since I have an onsite warranty?  The "LENOVO Service Center" address on the RMA instruction is relatively local for me (about 20 minutes from my house).  Can I hand carry the unit out there and wait for the repair or pick it up the next day?  The screen still looks fine; it just won't stand up.  I'd be happy to make a couple of trips out to the service center if they need to look at it and order a part. . . Then when the part comes in, I could come back for the install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

makedonka
Punch Card
Views: 2,488
Message 4 of 5

Re: Hinge Problem

I have Y510 purchased on 18.07.2008  in a store www.kupilaptop.com  with only one year, now expired guarantee and have hinge problem like numerous owners of same model. Have no clue what to do to fix this problem. Is there any solution because every time I think to close my laptop, I'm afraid not to create another problem. I see a crack on the back and it's getting worse and worse. I'm willing to pay for repair if this problem can be fixed. Please,help.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,478
Message 5 of 5

@andystj wrote:

I have a y530 that I purchased in 12/08 with a 3 year onsite warranty.  My hinge started feeling loose a couple of weeks ago, and then this afternoon, it went completely floppy.  Without leaning the screen against something, it will flop all the way back to 180 degrees flat (or conversely it will flop closed).

My question is related to the onsite warranty.  The service tech told me that this had to be sent in to "the depot" and then he set up an RMA ticket.  At the end of the call he informed me that it may be a 7-10 day turn-around time.  I sighed and mentioned that it was an onsite warranty.  He replied that this job could not be done onsite. 

So. . . Am I really stuck without my computer for 1-2 weeks?  Can a press for a loaner since I have an onsite warranty?  The "LENOVO Service Center" address on the RMA instruction is relatively local for me (about 20 minutes from my house).  Can I hand carry the unit out there and wait for the repair or pick it up the next day?  The screen still looks fine; it just won't stand up.  I'd be happy to make a couple of trips out to the service center if they need to look at it and order a part. . . Then when the part comes in, I could come back for the install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Given that you have access to the repair centre, you may try ask them to order in the parts first, and then give them the laptop to fix, this should minimise the turnaround time to few days at max. But you got to discuss this option with the people whom is going to handle the repair. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors