Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajc196
Fanfold Paper
Views: 786
Message 1 of 2

Y530 Sleep/booting/bluetooth Mystery Issues

When I got my Y530, the first thing I did was replace the hard drive with a brand new 320GB 7200rpm WD Caviar Black.  I reinstalled the OS (Vista Home Premium x86), and everything was fine.  Until I put it to sleep.

It would not come out of sleep right.  It would freeze at the desktop. When I restarted, it would just stay at the loading screen (green progress bar) forever and never go past that. The HDD light on the laptop was blinking rhythmically every second or so. I would have to hard restart the laptop, and once I did get into Windows.  My bluetooth would not show up when I hit the FN+F5 hotkey.  I would have to do a restart show it to show back up.

I figured it was the fact that I did not install the energy management driver/utility, but this is not the case.  After getting every newest driver/utility for every device, I got the same results.

I have since reinstalled multiple OS's, including XP, Vista Home Premium x64, and Windows 7 beta x64.  The same thing happens in EVERY operating system.

I thought maybe my hard drive was just flaky.  Nope, not that either.  It passes every diagnostic test I throw at it, and every HDD info tool shows no problems with it whatsoever.

So, I believe I've exhausted all possible things to try, so I dunno what the deal is.  Any help guys??

Message Edited by ajc196 on 03-24-2009 05:32 PM
steadly1
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y530 Sleep/booting/bluetooth Mystery Issues

I have the same issues whit my WD Scorpio Black. any help would be greatly appreciated

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors