03-28-2011 11:46 AM - edited 03-29-2011 06:40 AM
- restart your computer and enter the bios setup by hitting the f2 key when prompted by the start-up screen.
- use the up and down arrow keys to navigate to the "power management" settings.
- hit the enter key to view all of the power-management options.
- use the arrow keys to move down to the "date" option, and type in the day on which you want your computer to start up.
- use the arrow keys to move down to the "time" option, and enter the exact time at which you want the computer to boot up
if it doesn't work, you need some 3rd party applications.
03-28-2011 12:29 PM
According to lenovo y550 drivers site I have the latest bios version 15CN35WW(V2.08), but there isn't power management settings.
Besides, the app isn't helpful, it's for hibernate sleep etc. Looks like it's not implemented in any way.
03-28-2011 07:34 PM
The only way to have a Y550 wake is through a timed event in Windows to wake from sleep. As far as I know, there are no Lenovo notebooks that have a scheduled boot option.
I've personally had some sleep issues with my Y550, though it's probably due to the many non-approved upgrades I've done in it. If you want to give it a try, check out this article: