Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Y550: Bluetooth doesn't work with WIn 7 64

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I have Y550 laptop and i have the same problem with sliver. So i need to write here. I set up Win 7 64 bit and i can not set bluetooth driver up to my computer. And my computer has not any switch button for bluetooth. I was using bluetooth with Fn+F5 before i set up Win7. But now when i press the keys, it doesn't worksSmiley Sad And other applications with Fn+... works. Only F5 isn't.

I need your helps, Thanks...

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Y550: Bluetooth doesn't work with WIn 7 64

[ Edited ]

make sure the wireless switch is on ( on the front size button ) and bluetooth drivers installed.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

There isn't any switch for bluetooth on the computer, there is a swtich for only wireless and it is on. Could you say me where is the switch of bluetooth on the front? And i can't set the driver of bluetooth up, because it says that like '' Please turn on or plug in your Bluetooth device in order to continue installation'' and there is  a only one button for cancel the installation so i can't continue to the installation. bluetooth device is internal so i cant plug in anything and there isnt any switch so i cant turn on anything. Or i still cant find the switch.

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bluetooth and wireless switch is integrated. if it's on, try to install bluetooth driver or/and check device management for bluetooth or unknown device

( right click my computer > manage > device management )

if there's no bluetooth or unknown device ( i think there's no due to error you got " please turn in or plug into.... " ), i can say you've bought system without bluetooth. so buy usb bluetooth if you need it.

( make sure to activate bluetooth by pressing fn + f5 - image - )

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

When i was using Windows Vista, i used bluetooth many times for send\recieve sending with my mobile phone. And i could turn on/off the bluetooth with the window like you sent. .So my system has bluetooth.

After i installed Win7, i cant open the window. When i press to Fn+F5, it doesnt work. But when i press Fn+.., it works. So Fn key is working but not with F5.

And when i open device manager, there is a unknown device but when i try to do set up driver for it, it says that there is not found software.

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

have you tried to install device by manually?

or just try to install with the application on your volume d:

( d:\drivers\bluetooth\setup.exe or d:\drivers\bluetooth\win64\setup.exe )

just make sure wireless ( bluetooth ) switch is activated.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

First i am sorry for my late answer.

I did right click the driver set up file and choosed exract files. And i found 64 bit win 7 set up. I installed and bluetooth software has installed but it still doesnt work. When i tried to open the software nothing happens.

And i noticed that when i press Fn+F4 it doesnt work too. Fn+F4 and Fn+F5 both of them works with a window programme like that you sent in the pic. I mean i think the i should install the programme. Could you say me the programmes name?

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

have you tried to install device by manually?

un-install power management, restart your computer, install it but make sure "utility" checked.

fn keys'll work after installation.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

I can't do anything to device by manually, because it is internal, but if you want to say about install drivers by manually, yes i did it. I extracted the bluetooth driver application and i installed all of applications which were for 64 bit. But nothing has changed.

And i un-install the energy management and restarted the computer, and nothing has changed too Smiley Sad

For example, when  i use F8 with Fn, num lock is open or i use F2 with Fn, the screen is become black, or i can change the brightness and loud with Fn+arrows, but i cant use F4 and F5 with Fn.

I think i have to find a way for using Fn+F5 but how i can do it ???

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

make sure the wireless switch on the front side is activated before pressing fn + f5.

manually device installation :
after you locate the .inf file for the driver that you want to install, manually install the new driver. to do this, follow these steps:
- click start, right-click computer, and then click properties.in the tasks pane, click device manager.
- if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click continue.
- in device manager, locate the device for which you want to install the driver.

note to display hidden devices, click show hidden devices on the view menu.
- right-click the device, and then click update driver software.
- click browse my computer for driver software, click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, and then click have disk.

- in the install from disk dialog box, click browse, locate an .inf file for the device driver that you want to install, and then click open.
- follow the steps in the update driver software devicename dialog box to update the driver.

also try to install vista 64 bit.