Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 844
Message 11 of 17

Re: Y550 Fan Noise

No problem.

I checked on that listing to verify, and you should check with yours. On the round sticker on the underside of the fan, the part number should be AB7005HX-LD3.

I emphasize this because of the proprietary nature of brackets. And yes, Lenovo / IBM couldn't do ANYTHING with that number either >.>.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Rbixel2003
Fanfold Paper
Views: 828
Message 12 of 17

Thanks to all who replied,

I will check out that part, i tried the BIOS update and it still makes the noise.  So, i'm guessing it's a mechanical issue and probably needs to be replaced.  

alisadm
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 13 of 17

My eight-month old Y550 recently started doing the same thing. The fan seems to run constantly when I'm using it. What I've noticed is that whenever I'm on the net and doing any kind of activity, (i.e. changing pages, downloading) the fan grows louder. But here's the kicker—it's not hot. Completely comfy. My Dell Studio gets MUCH hotter than this one ever has.

This computer has never left my house, never been dropped and kind of serves as a desktop. Since I've started typing this post, the fan has run quietly in the background. But I know as soon as I hit Preview and Post, that fan'll start kicking it up a notch again for a few seconds. I never put it to sleep and when there's no activity and the screen goes to sleep, it remains quiet.

alisadm
What's DOS?
Views: 780
Message 14 of 17

...and there it goes.

shakal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 517
Message 15 of 17

Hi, I have y550 for 2 years and it once was in service with the fan failure, it was horrible noise like an old diesel engine ;P They put a new one. But today I hear it will be the same problem in the future (I have little wibration noise). My friend have the y550 too and he have the same problem with fan!!! I got to say that adda fans is a chinese s**t... I clean my fan regularly so it isn't the dust problem. MY QUESTION: Is there other fans (not adda) that will match with y550??? someone tried other, better fans with the similar shape? there is so many similar fans, but I have no way to check which of them will match...

P.S. sorry for the language Smiley Wink

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 512
Message 16 of 17

shakal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 508
Message 17 of 17

thanks, I hope the sunon fan will be better and durable than adda...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors