11-10-2009 05:40 AM
there seem to be a lot of people on here looking for the dolby control center download so here is how to get it from lenovo. if you're like me you don't trust rapid**bleep** due to viruses.
if you notice the windows 7 driver is signifigantly smaller than the vista/xp installers because the vista/xp drivers contain dolby control center installers, as well as other crap i'm sure.
1. install win7 driver for the best possible realtek compatibility
2. download the vista x32 drivers (it has both x64 and x32 included)
3. extract the files and overwrite the temporary files from the windows 7 install
4. find the extracted folder 'DCC'
5. pick the appropriate installer
6. rejoice that the **bleep** dolby digital button actually does something now.
although i must say it isn't all that great. it sure beats the hell out of the slidebar though. this was mentioned by one mod in one thread pretaining to xp. it should work great for anyone who did a clean install of vista/7 due to all the bloatware when they first got their laptop.