Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russrace
Paper Tape
Views: 2,008
Message 1 of 3

Y550P BIOS Advanced Menu

I usually never post but I cant find any info on the Advanced Menu in the BIOS. I do know it is there hidden. I removed my DVD drive and installed a second Hard Drive a few days ago and according to Intel the PM55 Chipset supports RAID. We all know it is not in the BIOS that we can see so I created a partition for Win 7 at 30 gigs and and then in Windows Stripped the rest. all worked great. Last night my Y550P went to sleep with my Palm Pre Pluged in and when i went to start it it could not find the boot partition. I know how to fix it. I pressing F2 must of did something else believe me I tried to repeat it but in the BIOS was an Advanced Menu,  OEM menu and another extra Menu with all kind of options. There it was the RAID option but I did not want to set it yet I wanted to fix windows first get some data off the stripped drive then I would set up the RAID. Wile I was in there I changed a few settings like enabling the IR port.  I could even turn usb ports on and off one by one. But now I can not get back in to see the extra menus. I cant figure out how I did it. Does anyone have any Ideas.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,963
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y550P BIOS Advanced Menu

try to set bios settings to default.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
russrace
Paper Tape
Views: 1,936
Message 3 of 3

aults Re: Y550P BIOS Advanced Menu

I set to default and as i suspected lost the setting I set in advanced menu but still cant access it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors