Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
axion_zephurith
What's DOS?
Views: 1,003
Message 1 of 5

Y550P series, i7 core...

I'm having a problem with the internet keeping up on my Laptop. I've done the getting rid of the program the company wants, but it still randomly boots me from the internet.. It seems like it's resetting the router on me.. The thing is, if the laptop is off, the router won't reset since I have a desktop to play on as well.. And no I'm not using wireless.. I've got everything wired the old fashioned way. Smiley Tongue

Anyone got any ideas?

And for reference that might be pertinent, I did put Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on it, and had to open the router up for a uPnP connection.. or so it wanted.. I'm wondering if that was possibly the problem.. or not?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 993
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y550P series, i7 core...

try to un-install readycom application if installed.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
axion_zephurith
What's DOS?
Views: 981
Message 3 of 5

already been done... did trhat about two days after getting comp.. which was two weeks ago...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 949
Message 4 of 5

- restart your modem

- try to install network adapter drivers, un-install first, restart your computer and try again.

- right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters > find your wireless adapter > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
axion_zephurith
What's DOS?
Views: 930
Message 5 of 5

Um.. actually... I'm not using wireless as in first post... but I think I solved the problem.. I just turned off the uPnP part of the router again, can still play CoD MW2, and it's not dropped since.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors