Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 810
Message 11 of 16

Re: Y560 HDD running as sata 1 instead of sata 2

@ziga wrote:

This is my entire HDD family - SATA 3Gb/s compatible

http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/laptop-hard-drives/momentus-laptop/?sku=ST9500420AS

Is this the original hdd in your laptop? If not, this might be another mess created.

ziga
Token Ring
Views: 803
Message 12 of 16

Yes, I've got the 500gb version. All the components are original and all the drivers are from the Lenovo site. 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 794
Message 13 of 16

If we are to assume that there are no hardware problems, then we are left with the other possibility, software. However, since it has been established that it has some issues with the hdd as pointed out by so many and this time by you then this problem is hardware related. It could be a design defect which only Lenovo can solve. There is nothing we can do if this is the case but to seek Lenovo's help on this matter.

ziga
Token Ring
Views: 783
Message 14 of 16

See the problem with that is, that every Lenovo service in my country want to take my laptop for 3-4 weeks to do anything with it and that is simply impossible, since I use it for work and my uni studies. 

But I guess, that is what will have to happen. Hopefully I can just get a queue ticket or something and when Im up, they take the laptop for a day or two and sort it out. I cant afford to not have it for so long.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 778
Message 15 of 16

@ziga wrote:

See the problem with that is, that every Lenovo service in my country want to take my laptop for 3-4 weeks to do anything with it and that is simply impossible, since I use it for work and my uni studies. 

But I guess, that is what will have to happen. Hopefully I can just get a queue ticket or something and when Im up, they take the laptop for a day or two and sort it out. I cant afford to not have it for so long.

If it can't be done in one or two days then its better that you stick with the sata I situation for the moment until you can find a spare number of days for the said plan.

beamslider
Fanfold Paper
Views: 748
Message 16 of 16

I had the same problem with a Hitachi Drive.. SATA 1 was all it would run.   The issue was resolved by upgrading the Firmware on the Hitachi 500gb Drive.

More than likely you have the same issue with the Seagate drive and need a newer firmware on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors