Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 27,148
Message 1 of 13

Y560 - HDMI output No Audio

Hello again,

I know there is already an existing thread about this, but I didn't see a resolution to any of the threads.  So when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop (yes it's a working cable), I have visuals but not audio.  Might I add the visuals aren't quite pleasing in temrs of quality.  Maybe it's just my TV isn't callibrated right.  Anyways, when I plug in my audio, I am aware that I have to default "HDMI output" but it always is detected as "not plugged in."  I have already re-installed driver realtek 6037, and then ATI HDMI Audio Device.  Didn't work and then installed Realtek 6215 + ATI HDMI Audio Device.  My playback output "Realtek HDMI Output" is still unplugged. [Yes, Uninstall then install]

I already tried booting with TV since I heard that's a solution.  Does not work.  Tried using Realtek Digital Output.  Tried setting Speakers to Realtek Digital Output in WMP, MPC.  Using discrete graphics, hdmi is not read.  Changing projectors to duplicate, extend, projection only.  Called Lenovo, they said the driver reinstall should fix and I should send it in for repairs.  I already sent my y560 four days ago for keyboard repairs.  Has anyone got their Y560 working with HDTV? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 27,108
Message 2 of 13

Re: Y560 - HDMI output No Audio

Hey MrGlister,

Check in the BIOS to see if you have an option for Azalia something or other. If it's there, disable it. Other than that... there might be an option for turning off / on HDMI audio in the ATI (Catalyst?) software. I have an nVidia GPU on my Y550, and HDMI audio is a selectable option.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 27,081
Message 3 of 13

MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 27,056
Message 4 of 13

@Yigit

I have already seen that article.  I also said:

I have already re-installed driver realtek 6037, and then ATI HDMI Audio Device.  Didn't work and then installed Realtek 6215 + ATI HDMI Audio Device.  My playback output "Realtek HDMI Output" is still unplugged. [Yes, Uninstall then install]

@xbrav

I don't have any other BIOS settings that might affect the sound like Azelius or On-board sound that might affect it.  I also don't think CCC has that option

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 27,041
Message 5 of 13

can you try to connect another device? ( tv )

try use use tv's remote controller for volume.

to open the playing audio troubleshooter:

- click the start button, and then click control panel.

- in the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click troubleshooting.

- under hardware and sound, click troubleshoot audio playback.

- follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ridsama
Punch Card
Views: 27,029
Message 6 of 13

I know it's a dumb question but did you switch to the ATI card? Assuming it's switchable like mine. After I switch, sometimes I also have to go to Device Manager and enable the ATI HDMI device, then I go to windows Playback devices and set that to default before the audio will work.
MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 27,000
Message 7 of 13

@Yigit

I believe that option doesn't exist for Windows 7 but I checked the mixer to check if there was an option for external monitor.  There is unfortunately.  And of course I turned up my TV volume.  I even tried turning on my amplfier.

@ridsama

Yes, you're right that I have a switchable graphic card like yours.  Since it doesnt play on Intel, I switch it to ATI in order to get a visual on external monitor.  My ATI HDMI was already forced enabled from the beginning.  It was under System Devices right?  After doing that I only have three options in WMP: Default Audio, Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio), and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio).  I tried switching to each one and restarting my WMP each time and I'm still not getting sound.

Dimensionz
What's DOS?
Views: 26,895
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

Don't know if im too late to help..but I had the same issue. Have the new driver, and went to device manager and enabled HIGH DEF CONTROLLER. Now you have to go into realtek audio program and pick HDMI tab. Hope it works

MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 26,875
Message 9 of 13

Thanks Dimensionz, that was a helpful tip but I was already aware of the option.

However, the problem is now resolved (I hope)

Perhaps it was the new bios .59 that I installed

Perhaps it was CCC 10.10 or 7.852(?) video driver I installed

Perhaps it's simply going to work today and fail in the future

I don't know what exactly fixed it, but it is a miracle.  For anyone viewing this and want to know where to start, follow Dimensionz method first (I enabled default "HDMI audio Output" through playback devices).  Make sure your video player/audio player is set to play by "System Default".  If you already did Dimensionz method and still experiencing issues... all I can say is that you can try doing what I mentioned above but it's NOT guaranteed as the fix.

Thank you to everyone who contributed an answer.  I'll update if the issue comes back for a round 2 haha.

Miklon
What's DOS?
Views: 26,845
Message 10 of 13

Hey this method worked for me Smiley Happy i had the same issues where my HDMI audio wasn't working and did not appear in the sound option. If you enable it, it should work!!! I redownloaded the driver aswell so i recommend doing that first then enabling the HD audio controller Smiley Happy THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN YOU SAVED MY DAY!!! Dimensionz YOU ROCK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors