Did you mean: 
Highlighted
navcar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,235
Message 1 of 3

Y560 LCD Cable replacement problems

Hello good people of Lenovo forums!

I have a Y560 notebook which has a damaged LCD cable (part no: "DD0KL3LC000"). Due to the hinge problem of this model, the LCD cable had been causing crazy screen flickering and inverted colours.

So I recently tried getting a replacement one from ebay, but unfortunately it didn't work... as when I inserted the new cable, the notebook screen fails to work at all (no backlight or picture). The cable is labelled as "DDKL3DLC120" on its sticker, although the ebay description was DDKL3CLC020, which is supposed to be the same as my original.

Have I just gotten a bad pick from the ebay seller? because I think it should work.

On to my other problem.... my AC adapter seems to have gone wonky AFTER trying the new replacement cable - because my battery no longer charges! Observations:

• With the Y560 off and with the battery inserted, I connect the AC adapter. The AC adapter light turns off and doesn't send power until I reconnect the wall power plug head.
  • AC adapter is connected. Windows CONTINUALLY tells me to plug in my AC adapter, with this message shortly disappearing (battery tray icon shows charging again), then telling me to plug it in again. I also notice a slight flicker on my external LCD monitor right before the next messages appears (my internal LCD is still stuffed as above).
  • The notebook works fine on AC only without the battery inserted.

So the problem would be the AC adapter? and not the battery?? hopefully not something that died on the M/B??

Thanks

navcar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,192
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y560 LCD Cable replacement problems

OK, so using a power meter, I've identified that the power brick is sending out the right voltages.

Unforuntately for me, the second lcd cable part I've bought from ebay turned out to be the wrong one:

I had asked them to confirm the exact part number that they were sending me before I made my purchase, but it turns out that it was different in length. In fact their photo didn't even match. Same connectors, though, but it did weird things when I tried it (still no screen, but the Ideapad light thingy started flickering.... and then the notebook power died).

So yeah I've wasted heaps on $$$ trying to repair this myself. I would typically now rant on how I'd never buy another Ideapad again, but it turns out Ideapads are no longer shipped to Australia lol

As Richard Buckland would say, take a break and leave the problem? Smiley Tongue

navcar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,144
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y560 LCD Cable replacement problems

Problem. Solved.

10287158_387663298039348_1457791154_n.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors