Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilfaze
Fanfold Paper
Views: 436
Message 1 of 3

Y560 - Laptop in billable hold but can't pay/Damage wasn't done by me

Hi guys,

Just last week, I sent in my Y560 for a repair to be done on the screen since every time I would move it, the screen would freeze or get a BSoD. Anyways, I didn't realize that Lenovo would charge me for the cracks I had on the side of the laptop (about $187) or else I would have repaired it myself. The real problem I don't have the necessary funds to cover for that kind of repair (given I am a college student would has to pay for textbooks, room, board, etc.). So I talked to the agent on the phone for a while as I explained my situation to them and they said I had to get the call escalated to Customer Relations. My questions is will Customer Relations empathize with my situation and waive the fees because I could really use that kind of help right now and that would take one less stressor off the table. 

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Note: None of the damages were done by me, but I don't really have proof of that.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 383
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y560 - Laptop in billable hold but can't pay/Damage wasn't done by me

hi kilfaze,

The Customer Relations dept. is the one who review the cases that the service team can't do (i.e. approve repairs, reject repair requests, etc.) and they usually check the findings of the technician before they conduct the final say on the case.

The BSOD that you're getting when you move the screen might due to the following:

1. Defective LCD cable

2. Loose connection from the motherboard to the LCD

3. Defective motherboard (the slot where the LCD cable is inserted)

4. Defective LCD (the slot where the LCD cable is inserted)

If the problem is just the LCD cable, it will be an inexpensive repair and you might get a one time exemption (then again, this will be up to the person who's gonna review your case).

Hope you get your laptop repaired soon.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

kilfaze
Fanfold Paper
Views: 379
Message 3 of 3

Y560 – Absurdly long repair times

So at this point, I'm absolutely fed up with the terrible repair service that is being offered. I sent In my Y560 for repair on a manufacturing defect for the screen around August 12th. The factory received the laptop on the 14th and the status on the 16th said my laptop was being repaired on. However, it wasn't until the 24th (yesterday) the that the depot status updated and said "your laptop is currently on hold because of a lack of parts. Please check back periodicaly". Given that I'm a student in college, this really ticks me off because I need my computer ASAP in order to do any work. It has already been two weeks and will probably be even longer because of this "shortage of parts" when I was guaranteed to get my laptop back on 7 days so my question is why didn't they order the part a week ago and what is with the substantial amount of delay in the engineers initiative to take action when they obviously see a problem??? I would really love it if some administration or staff from the forum got involved because this is just getting absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and here's and FYI: When I told the agents on the phone that I needed my laptop back before August 26th (which is TOMORROW and when school is starting) they assured me that I would definitely receive it by then. Really starting to doubt that...

(sorry if there are any typos. I had to do this on my phone given that my laptop is OBVIOUSLY not with me right now...)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors