cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorissanchez3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 264
Message 1 of 2

Y560 Warranty * Sales/Sales Support/ Entitlement/ Hardware Support - No one can give me an answer

I purchased the Lenovo brand because it offered many more features then the competitors within the price range we needed.  My son needed it for school so of course we went with the i7 processor because we were told it was the best and wanted to ensure we didn't have an outdated computer within the next few years when our other children would begin to use it.

Our computer is not charging and I have contacted every department I could think of and was referred to some others along the way.  I am very stressed and upset on how my problem/question is being handled.  I was hoping to get everything resolved before school starts again on Jan 3rd so my son doesn't fall behind. 

The history of my purchase:

I purchased my lenovo ideapad y560 in 2010.  Upon arrival it did not work and I had to send it back for a replacement (this order# 2FL8RF  S/N ******** was ordered 9/13/2011 shipped 9/17/2011 a return authorization generated 9/23/2011 and you received the unit back on 10/23-10/24/2011).

My new one came and the start date of warranty was 10/6/2010.  A few months in I called in again for the blue system screen and was told I had to restore my computer with the restore button which I did even though I lost all of my work and applications. 

I called in on Friday December 23,2011 to technical support because my computer was 100% functioning and it wouldn't charge.  The computer then turned off due to noncharging. 

On the phone with hardware support we troubleshot the unit by trying to charge with and without the battery, discharging the battery by holding the power button,etc.  I was told it was not the charger and I was told it would need to be sent in for repair.

I then looked up warranty information on my system where I found the Lenovo Limited Warranty (document L505-0010-01 4/2008) http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/l505-0010-01-en.pdf which was warranty information "An overview of the Limited Warranty for Lenovo products sold between July 2008 and December 2011".  In this documentation on the last page it states "

A warranty period of three (3) years on parts and one (1) year on labor means that Lenovo will provide warranty service without charge

for:

a. parts and labor during the first year of the warranty period (or a longer period as required by law); and

b. parts only, on an exchange basis, in the second and third years of the warranty period. Your Service Provider will charge you for

any labor provided in performance of the repair or replacement in the second and third years of the warranty period."

I then called in today December 26, 2011 to Lenovo Ideapad support at 877-453-6686 where I spoke with hardware support they said I only had a 12 month warranty and that this warranty online didn't apply.  When I asked for a full description of the warranty that does apply to my ideapad they told me to speak with sales, I was then transferred to sales support who offered to e-mail me my warranty, which was the same documentation that I had found (email attached). 

I then called sales who told me to call entitlement at 800-426-8748.  I reached a representative there in entitlement who told me that they do not handle ideapads and I should call 877-453-6686.  I showed her the information I had found and during that conversation I found another document that showed  the expiration of my warranty as "2012-01-05".  The link to this is link removed

The entitlement representative then connected me with sales again.  I was told by sales I only have a 12 month warranty and to e-mail in all of the documentation I have showing that the warranty goes beyond 12 months.

They said their system was down and they had access to only a limited number of applications.  they told me to send an email with the documentation I had found to ******    They told me I would get a return call 24-48hours or I could call them again in 2hours to see if their system was up.   I sent it the e-mail address that sales provided and then received a delivery notification failure.  I then googled that e-mail address and tried sending it to other one's I found that were similar thinking maybe I would get lucky.  Everything was returned with delivery notification failures.  I just called sales again they confirmed the e-mail address I have is correct and as I finish typing this I've held 25 minutes for them to go look at the email to see if it's working! (really?!)

I was on the phone for a total of 3 hours between all of my phone calls and still have no answers.  The documentation I have printed from the links provided show that my limited warranty is still partially existant.  I am very frustrated and still without answers or a working computer.

personal informations removed 

Former Employee
Views: 251
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y560 Warranty * Sales/Sales Support/ Entitlement/ Hardware Support - No one can give me an answ

hey dorissanchez3,

welcome to the forums.

could you PM to me the following details :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors