Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: Y560 fan running

I got an i7 y560 w/o switch graphics one, and lately, its been running constantly high and low, and its just a few days old too. Can anybody help what I can do to reduce this noise?

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Y560 fan running

try to perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button, update graphic drivers & flash bios update if there's new.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/DriversDownLoads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=661448&OS=0

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Y560 Fan control utility?

[ Edited ]

Hi All

I just got a Y560 and am wondering if there is any fan control utility for this laptop?

I installed Dragon age and Even with a few mins of play I noticed the temp of the GPU (ATI MobRadeon 5730) rocket to 70 Cs and the fan doesnt seem to be working a lot .(i use the CPUID software with tis widget to monitor the cpu and GPU temps right now).

Is there a way for me to set Fan speed profiles? with temperature triggers? like...set fans to 80% if GPU temp reaches 70C? I wonder if there is any utility, either 3rd party or lenovo that allowed me to do that. 

Also apart from the laptop fan, which utility can I use to set the ATI fan speeds?

ps: i used to have a dell with an Nvidia; so im a newbie to Lenovo.

any help is appreciated

regards

Smiley Happy

SCSI Port
0 Kudos

Re: Y560 Fan control utility?

i have tryed many apps, MSI Afterburner, and difrent types of ati tools but nothing seem to worked for me, 59 bios here, 
laptop fan's maximum speed is 60 %, it could go more obviously, but laptop itself dont let me control it, maybe others found solution to this?

btw there is only ONE FAN , and procesor and Graphics card share it, so i dont know how this should be done...

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for the reply. You are correct about the fan being shared by the gpu and cpu. my bad.  

I wonder if there is any software/utility that allows us good fan control. Smiley Sad

Lets hope for a reply from other lenovo users

Token Ring
0 Kudos

i can only recommend you ATI Tray Tools for gpu, but when i try to run it i get bsod.
Highlighted
SCSI Port
0 Kudos

y560 FAN CONTROL

Anybody to suggest working utility that

an help me knock my cooler at 100% when im playing games? cause laptop gets pretty hot, (70C but coolers maximum RPM at that temeprature is like 60% ) i'd like to raise it a litle bit, 
im on bios 59

Token Ring
0 Kudos

Re: y560 FAN CONTROL

i believe that lenovo's coolers are uncontrollable...unless you ll understand the BIOS, find there SUBBIOS of videocard and Change The System Cooling parameters to your taste.

And then Flash It. Smiley Happy I must say its all real and if you have skill its matter of couple of hours.
SCSI Port
0 Kudos

nawh, no skills in editing bios files.. Smiley Tongue
if i had i'd change so much Smiley Very Happy

Token Ring
0 Kudos

no doubt..but better dont touch...especially with such "support".