cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotpepper
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 1 of 3

Y560 i7 laptop went dead less then a year and half old, need system board replacement

I bought a Y560 i7 15 month ago. It developed a problem yesterday. When I plug in the A/C adaptor, the laptop did not charge but continue to run on the battery only until the battery was drained at very fast rate, from fully charged to dead in less than ten minute! I down loaded the "hardware maintainance manua" and followed the diagnose procedure which tells me the system board needs to be replaced. The A/C adaptor still put out 19.7 volt at the plug and seem to be perfect.

When I remove the dead battery and plug in A/C, the laptop did not boot at all, seems to me the charging controller went bad on the system board. Can this circuit be replaced instead of the whole system board which is very expensive.

I hate Lenovo put out junks in the market lately after the Chinese company took control. I have an old IBM X61 tablet I bought more than five years ago and it is still good. This is a perfect case the Chinese company has no respect for quality and only want to take advantage of US consumers.

Appreciate anyone has some experience in this area. I do not think it is fair to replace the motherboard only in 15 month.

hotpepper
Paper Tape
Views: 376
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y560 i7 laptop went dead less then a year and half old, poor solder joint, just fixed.

It was a shame that the solder joint from the DC power input to the charge control was so poor it got burned out. Shameful Lenovo put out junk that broke in 15 month!

gemiwanzo
What's DOS?
Views: 292
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y560 i7 laptop went dead less then a year and half old, need system board replacement

exactly same issue here!!!! D: This is my first lenovo laptop. It gives me good impressions but only the dmn battery.  Does they always build batteries that can serve just for the warranty period??  Lenovo must fix this problem or they lose customers.  At least I would not recommend all my friends to buy laptops of this brand.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors