Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lengb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,155
Message 1 of 19

Y560 keeps dropping wifi

Well the title says it. The wireless keeps dropping and saying limited connectivity

I've bought my ideapad Y560 about three weeks ago.

I'm in a dorm so I don't have access to the router to do anything with that but I have an older lenove (N100) and that

one doesn't have the same problem.

I click the trouble shoot and every time it says problems with default gateway but it does fix it and connects. But this keeps on happening.

Another thing that happens is that while it's fixing the problem a small window on the wifi icon pops that says "My intel  wifi adaptor"  not found, or something like that.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 19,095
Message 2 of 19

Re: Y560 keeps dropping wifi

remove readycomm application, restart your computer and try again.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
lengb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,040
Message 3 of 19

Thanks. I did this and I also wanted to wait a while to see if it had worked.

But it still does this (drop the wifi) although I think it's not as frequent as before.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 19,031
Message 4 of 19

right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters > find your wireless adapter > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

DLem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,967
Message 5 of 19

yigit +1000000 for that little tidbit of information, assuming it works.  my wifi drops at home all the time (once every few days) and a router reset is always required.  if this fixes it i will have to proclaim your awesomeness.

omid429
What's DOS?
Views: 18,782
Message 6 of 19

Y560 Wireless problems

I have had my ideapad Y560 for some time now and have absolutely enjoyed it. But in the past few weeks, I have been having some issues. For some reason, unknown to me, the wireless keeps dropping the network. The network is till there and still working fine, the computer says that it is connected with internet access, but I cannot connect to any web site. I tried to disconnect from the network and then reconnect, but the computer then says there are connection issues that when I troubleshoot, it blames the router. This hs happened on two different wireless routers and no one else in the network is being dropped. I usually have to wait about five minutes and then it reconnects as though nothing is wrong, or in extreme cases I have to restart my computer.

Any ideas of what may be going on? I could really use the help.

Thanks in advance.

bachx69
What's DOS?
Views: 18,456
Message 8 of 19

leveno y560 wireless problems.... help please!!

My leveno y560 wireless keep dropping and is very unstable... how can i fix this problem? Smiley Sad i tried updating new drivers im running on atheros ar9285 driver 9.2.0.412

culdeus
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 18,400
Message 9 of 19

Re: leveno y560 wireless problems.... help please!!

I have U460 with this issue.  I will be returning my U460 for a refund today.  I do not think there is a workaround and this is a manufacturing defect.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 17,892
Message 10 of 19

Re: leveno y560 wireless problems.... help please!!

@ culdeus
have you already tried previous suggestions?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors