cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
culdeus
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,484
Message 11 of 19

Re: leveno y560 wireless problems.... help please!!

Well of those 4 threads only 2 are really pertinent to the central issue I am having.  

The two main fixes which seem to have some success are

-Remove ReadyComm

-Change settings in Power management

Lesser success which indicates user error or other problems reported as

-reinstall wifi driver

-home router issues

The main software changes seem to involve removing ready-comm which does nothing for my issue and then changing the power management system.  I had removed power management as part of the standard bloatware removal when I bought the machine in Dec 2010.  The service guys actually had me add it back in to try one of the steps in one of the links as described.  Obviously this did nothing for me but I obliged them.

They are processing my refund, but I strangely got a call saying they wanted to see my machine at once with an on site technician with utmost urgency.  It makes me wonder if this perhaps is a growing issue where they have somehow bricked people's wifi with a windows system update or something to that effect.  

I do not think this issue is resolved for anyone.  If someone reports it was fixed then it was a different issue than what the OP here reports, or I report.

rsuzuki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,464
Message 12 of 19

my z570 still cant connect to my wireless router even after i unistalled readycomm, reset my router, changed power application settings, pressed fn+f5 and made sure my wireless card was "on". i even dl'd the updated driver and nothing happened.

any more suggestions

only way i can connect if i use my ethernet cord at my house, but is pointless because im at school 80% of the time and having no wifi at school sucks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,451
Message 13 of 19

which version of bios do you have?
are you able to detect wireless networks?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
rsuzuki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,438
Message 14 of 19

i have the most recent bios update (ver. 36)

i can detect wireless networks but i am unable to get a stable connection

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,420
Message 15 of 19

you may need to upgrade modem's firmware or/else change the wireless security method.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
lolo27
What's DOS?
Views: 2,908
Message 16 of 19

...."perhaps is a growing issue where they have somehow bricked people's wifi with a windows system update or something to that effect."

You are awesome!  I was having the same problem with my wireless adapter and your comment made me think to restore my system to the previous update. Well, I did it and it worked! The problem ceased. Thanks!

Loter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,244
Message 17 of 19

Try changing wifi router settings to B/G mode, not B/G/N mode. It worked for me. I'm using Broadcom driver 6.30.223.143 downloaded from http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS037857

ltkira
What's DOS?
Views: 1,403
Message 18 of 19

Re: Y560 keeps dropping wifi

If changing the settings does not help, then also go to your routes website and download a firmware update.

I have NetGear and had to do this. It took a few minutes, but the wifi drop's have ended.

TommyBoy3
Paper Tape
Views: 80
Message 19 of 19

This is sh.t. When use slow internet connection for what is good??? 867Mbps wifi use only 36Mbps???? Are you normal?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors