Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrTom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,806
Message 1 of 4

Y560P Integrated Microphone Feedback Issue

Hello, Whenever I use the built in micrpohone on my Y560P, the mic picks up my voice from the speakers and reproduces it again via the speakers. Then the additional voice reproduction is send out to whomever is chatting with me. This makes it almost impossibe to use when attempting a voice chat via any of the email messenger services.

Cannot turn of the speakers as it then turns off the mic. Have looked at all of the sound settings and I cannot find  a method to correct the problem.

OS is Win7 Home Premiun.

If anyone knows how to use the mike without the speakers reproducing the mic input , but still have the speakers reproduce what is sent to me, Iwould appreciate the info.

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,797
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y560P Integrated Microphone Feedback Issue

Hi Tom,

right klick speaker symbol in taskbar > Recording devices > Microphone > Properties > Enhancements...

check Beam Forming,  Acoustic Echo Cancellation and Immediate mode.

Echo Cancel

good Luck... Zehn

MrTom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,794
Message 3 of 4

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I  have been using the settings you have suggested.  I also have the microphone BOOST set at zero. Have also attempted to use a headset with built in mic boom. The sound from the speakers does cut off when plugging in the headset BUT when talking there is still a reverb effect heard in the headset that mirrors my voice input???

Unfortunately Lenovo Support people seem to be just looking at the settings in Win7 "Control Panel "and the "RealTek HD Manager" and  suggested various settings. The person I worked with obviously did not know how to correct the problem...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,789
Message 4 of 4

One more try then, Tom

in Microphone Properties > Listen Tab > uncheck Listen to this device

fingers crossed... Zehn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors