cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HinoMusouka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 450
Message 1 of 6

Y560P "dancing pixels" inquiry (should I buy it?)

Hi there!

I'm a new user of Lenovo forums and I've been considering the purchase of Y560P laptop but I read of "dancing pixels" problem and it got me a little bit apprehensive so I would like to inquire if many of you, proud owners of Y560P, encountered the problem? And apart from that, would you recommend the model?

I haven't had Lenovo yet, but I found Y560P to be relatively good when compared to the price (SSD and iCore7). Would you agree? Thanks for any opinions.

Chris 

Guru
Views: 432
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y560P "dancing pixels" inquiry (should I buy it?)

Hi HinoMusouka

Y560p is an older model. If you need to get a IdeaPad Y series, you can get a Y570 or wait for Y580 coming soon next year (Should be in Q1, 2012, not confirmed)

Cheers! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

HinoMusouka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 428
Message 3 of 6

Well, I'm afraid I can't afford Y570, but surely I would like very much. I heard it's a bit better than Y560 series but it's somewhat beyond my reach. I just wanted to be sure if dancing pixels aren't a problem. I don't really mind if the configuration is not state-of-the-art. Still, in Japan where I currently live it's the best model when one thinks about performance/value ratio.
Guru
Views: 426
Message 4 of 6

Ok. It depends on your luck too. Some issues may not affect on all the same machines. 

According to youtube comments, this issue has been fixed through new BIOS updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5W5s1mbGaI

After buying this machine, I recommend you to download and install all the new BIOS / drivers to have a nice, smooth machine.
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=611900

Hopefully it helps :smileyvery-happy:

Cheers! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 419
Message 5 of 6

Hi HinoMusouka,

since May 2011, I am a very satisfied owner of IdeaPad Model Y560p, i7-2630QM, HD 6570M, RAM 8GB, HDD 750GB, Win7-64bit,

this machine is mechanically as flimsy as all the other brands in this price range, so need to be handled with care.

I'm not a Gamer, but with the pedal to the metal, CPU temperature hovers around an acceptable 85 degree C.  

The Y560p also has a big maintenance lid so cleaning the fan is very easy, all together it leaves the impression

of a quite mature machine without many of the pesky problems, you read about other models having in this forum.

I've had a single big issue with sound stutter, but helpful Lenovo Tech Support in Thailand provided me with another BIOS,

which fixed the problem, but is still not yet available from Lenovo Driver&Download site.

And I've never seen any Unusual "dancing pixels" on my screen!

Note... please don't mix up Y560 vs Y560p model, they are different animals in a similar Box.

I hope my info's help you to make a decision, any further questions?

Zehn

HinoMusouka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 377
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for all your answers. I finally went with another choice than Lenovo but I appreciate your considerate help.

Regards,

Chris 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors