Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToothGrinder
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 1 of 5

Y560p Issues

I got this laptop a few months ago, late September, and recently it's been shutting down by itself. I try to play games like Counter Strike and Aion but after about twenty to thirty minutes it just shuts itself down. I thought it was an over heating issue so I tried it on different surfaces besides my leg. I'm on a wood table and it keeps shutting off as well.

This isn't the only problem I'm having with my laptop. After about two months of use it started to do this weird thing. When I would adjust the screen it colors would flash like pink and light blue. I kind of shrugged it off because it only happened a few times. Now it's happening very frequently.

I really like the laptop but I think it's time to send it back. Are these issues covered in my warrenty? I never dropped the laptop or spilled anything on it.

BrownEye02
Token Ring
Views: 526
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y560p Issues

Ok the colors flashing when you adjust the screen means the video cable has a short. If you still can get it replaced. As for the shutting down does your laptop have the cooling option selection? If so make sure the super cool option is selected and try again. If it shuts down still try doing a full uninstall of the video drivers and reinstalling them. It sounds like it could be a bad driver.

Another thing it could be is your battery is loose. Check to make sure both of the lock tabs are in the locked position. My old laptop did the same thing when I forgot to lock the battery in. Even if it was pluged into the wall.

ToothGrinder
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 3 of 5

I opened the compartment for the graphics card and realized that the fan was filthy with dust. I cleaned it and so far it's been running a lot smoother. As for the monitor issue I think I will be calling them and seeing what my options are. Thanks for the suggestions though! Very much appreciated!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 514
Message 4 of 5

Hi Grinder,

I suggest you even remove the fan to clean the heat-sink fins very gently with a soft toothbrush and vac...

http://www.zynox.net/lenovo-y560-heat-problems/

Zehn

BrownEye02
Token Ring
Views: 500
Message 5 of 5

Well Im glad I could kind of help Smiley Happy. I hope you can get some sort of repair with out touching the wallet. Make sure though you dust your fans every month. Not only will this fix any issues and keep your laptop cooler but it could also keep your computer lasting that much longer. The number one cause to a broken computer besides accidental damage is overheating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals