Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zopi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 643
Message 1 of 7

Y570 GT555M not being detected.

I've had this laptop for about 7 months with no problems, but this morning 5 mins after I turned it on I got a BSOD. Later after restarting I went to play a game and realized the light wasn't turning on when I flipped the Optimus GPU switch.

I tried to open the Nvidia Control Panel, but it gave me errors saying along the lines of "No Nvidia hardware detected." Restarted of course, but didn't help. Checked my devices and nothing Nvidia is being detected. Started looking on this website for help -- saw that reinstalling drivers worked for someone else so I uninstalled the drivers from the control panel, downloaded the new drivers from this website, but during installation got an error along the lines of "No Nvidia hardware detected." and the installation failed. (So now I no longer have Nvidia drivers on the laptop). 

Seen another possible solution of enabling switchable graphics in the Configuration section of the BIOS. Checked my BIOS for this setting and couldn't find it. There's nothing called switchable graphics in there.

Wondering if there's anything else I can do before installing BIOS updates / stuff.

rkirk01
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 480
Message 2 of 7

Re: Y570 GT555M not being detected.

Bump. I have the exact same problem and have had it for 4 months now. Lenovo needs to get off it's ass and help the 100+ people with this problem, as it's looking like a hardware defect.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 466
Message 3 of 7

Hi there,

Did you changed the "Graphics controller" on BIOS to "Optimus" mode again?
rkirk01
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 455
Message 4 of 7

The BIOS (2.10) has no option for "optimus." There is only switchable graphics or UMA graphics. more to the point that's not the issue. It's this darned NVLDDMKM.sys BSOD that keeps constantly showing up.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 450
Message 5 of 7

Then make sure that "Switchable Graphics" is selected. UMA means "Unified Memory Architecture" which is Intel HD graphics. If you chose UMA only, Nvidia graphics will be deactivated.Try to install the drivers when Switchable graphics is chosen

Or if you arenot sure what i am talking about, just let me know what are the options in BIOS under Configuration tab
rkirk01
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 440
Message 6 of 7

I understand what you're saying, I actually do quite a bit of computer repair work, this is just an issue that has eluded me. I know UMA is intel integrated and the bios is set to switchable graphics. My problem are the constant blue screens (presumably) caused by the nvidia drivers. My problem started out as the car not being detected whatsoever, but now the issue is that it blue screens with the problem being nvlddmkm.sys. And as well when it blue screens and restarts, the nvidia card isn't detected but I can regain detection if I restart the computer without the power cable plugged in. For some reason the power cable is affecting detection of the nvidia card. Could it be an internal short?
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 418
Message 7 of 7

Similar thing happened to my friend, he got BSOD and performance problems after installing the GPU drivers.There is a possibility that your GPU is blown up, try contacting Customer Services.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors