Options

2 Posts

11-26-2011

Europe

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Y570 / NVidia 555M - Cannot change global settings or set any programs to default to the NVidia

2011-11-26, 16:48 PM

Hope someone can help here, as I feel like I got a dud of a machine.  I did search if anyone else has had the same issue and did not find anything.

I bought a Y570 with i7-2670 & NVidia 555M yesterday. I'm running the most current driver (285.62), and even tested it on the Verde development driver v285.79.  So I'm quite certain I have the correct and current drivers.

Issue is the machine is using ONLY the Intel intergrated video.  And none of the options to change this seem to be available.  In the Control Panel under Global Settings, it shows "Intergrated graphics" as the preferred graphics processor and the drop-down menu option is grayed-out-  as in, not available, can't be opened.

In the Program Settings, it will not allow me to set the preferred graphics processor for any program- it says only "Use global setting (Auto-select: Integrated) and once again, the drop-down menu option is grayed-out, thus cannot be changed.

From the desktop, if I try to do the right-click "Run with graphics processor" option on any application it is, once again, grayed-out and not available.

All the above is the same regardless of whether I try to run plugged in or on battery.  And I've got the energy settings all set to maximum performance.  I'm completely at a loss here.  The dealer is closed until Monday, so if I can't solve this before then the machine goes back but..  anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance. 

Solved! See the solution
Options

117 Posts

03-04-2011

Hawaii

1550 Signins

4252 Page Views

• Views: 4252
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y570 / NVidia 555M - Cannot change global settings or set any programs to default to the NVidia

2011-11-26, 18:49 PM

Did you see the graphics switch on the front of the computer?  Lower right hand corner when you have it open.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

11-26-2011

Europe

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y570 / NVidia 555M - Cannot change global settings or set any programs to default to the NVidia

2011-11-27, 0:24 AM

*facepalms*

Whoever you are, I love you dude.  Something so obvious and yet...

Thanks! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete