Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Y570 SSD Questions

I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere, just bits and pieces and I would like to know once and for all so I don't make a bad purchase.

What I would like is to purchase a Crucial M4 SSD 64GB for my Lenovo Y570.

I wanted to know if:

1. The Y570 is SATA III compatible. AFIK, the Intel HM65 chipset is SATA III compatible. I wanted verification. If it's not, a Crucial M4 would be a waste, and I would just get a SATA II.

2. Does the Y570 have a 2nd HDD bay? Opening up the back panel, I only see one HDD bay, but it seems Lenovo is selling both a HDD and SSD at the same time on some of the models. Is it just the internal that's different?

I have seen the bay that replaces the optical drive, but I would like not to have to do that. The model with the HDD and SSD seem to have an optical drive included, so I don't think that's what Lenovo did.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Highlighted
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: Y570 SSD Questions

My Y560p has a place for a msata drive or mini pci express in the same compartment as the sata HDD, I would think if there's a place............ but you had better ask someone on lenovo team.Wikipedia says specifically that the Y560p is compatable anong with some think pads.