Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Y570 Thermal Management Problems

Hi, I've had my Y570 for just over a week now, and other than this small problem, it's running just fine and I am very satisfied.

The problem I am having, however, involves the touch panel for the CPU Thermal Management. About 3-4 days ago, I first had the trouble of the touch key no longer responding to bring up the Thermal Management interface as it originally did when I purchased the laptop. I spent a few hours hunting down the problem, and found a post that suggested installing a specific set of drivers to fix the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Energy Management drivers (for a different model Ideapad) and it seemed to do the trick. Foolish as I was, I didn't save the information and the problem has come up again. After spending another few hours hunting down this problem via google, and having tried several drivers, I have been unable to fix the problem this time.

I figured I would come to the support forums to not only fix the problem, but perhaps gain some insight as to what is causing it. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to it being caused on the execution of a particular video game exe, although I'm not positive. As I have been unable to fix this problem for the second time, I am unable to test out the variables involved.

Can someone please assist me with this problem? I find the management of the thermal system to be very important. If there was some sort of interface outside of the touch panel keys, I would simply use that, but I cannot seem to find such a thing. 

Thanks in advance,

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

To find the correct software for your system use either a packaged CD that came with your purchase, or look in your LENOVO (D) drive.

For the Thermal Management Problems I had the same problem on my Y470.

I tried countless "solutions" given by the forums but last night I may have just lucked out. Although horrible for your battery health, what happened was I accidently left my laptop on all night causing the battery to die out. Then this morning I plugged it into its charger and the touch buttons started working again, both my OneKey Theatre and Thermal buttons.

I suggest you try these steps.

-Turn off your PC

-Remove the Battery

-Plug in the Charger

-Turn on your PC

I really hope this helps. As I lucked out on solving my problem.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

Thanks for the tip. It turns out my computer after recently being powered off for several hours started up with the thermal management keys working. I will try your suggestion out as soon as the problem occurs again, as this is the 2nd time it had for me now.

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Betreff: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

I have the same problem, but these above mentioned methods didn't work... I don't even know if I'm using standard or super silent mode...  The light on thermal management button is the same as super silent, only flipped... So, I what I wanna ask is, can anyone send photo in reply how the light looks on thermal management button when computer is running on standard mode???