Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 261 of 450 (1,033 Views)

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

I honestly don't know what else to try, I'll try fiddling around and if I come across a possible fix I will be sure to tell you. In the meantime, why don't you try calling lenovo technical support, who knows, they may turn out to be useful although I doubt it.

802.11n
Message 262 of 450 (1,025 Views)

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

[ Edited ]

eupfhoria wrote:

Would it even be useful to try to call Lenovo technical support for help at this point?

Did you ever considered the thought that they know but have no cue.

Before I sold my Y570 I got it going "well enough" to play by setting every thing to maximum power/high performance except in the Nvidia control panel 3D tab (I think it was the 3D tab, if it isn't the 3D tab it's the one which has the drop down list with "auto select, CPU and GT555m in the field), I chose auto select in both drop down lists in whichever tab it is.

Paper Tape
Message 263 of 450 (1,022 Views)

velenoso666 wrote:

Did you ever considered the thought that they know but have no cue.

I did, that's why I asked if it would even be useful.

Punch Card
Message 264 of 450 (997 Views)

I did this lil 100->99% change before

It doesn't help to me at least.  Even if it does help for you, it's probably gonna be a temporary change.

Punch Card
Message 265 of 450 (915 Views)

I just tryed the 100 to 99% change on another ideapad Y570 while playing Battlefield 3 and it also worked, It's strange that it's not working for you guys as well. :/

Token Ring
Message 266 of 450 (907 Views)

For me it worked as well even with the newest drivers but by lowering the processor power state I significantly lowered my fps in games(bf3 fell from constant 40-60 down to maximum 40 and averaging at 25-30). Although the 285.79 drivers with a clean install somehow fixed my problem and I can now use my computer to the max. And throttlestop program helps quite alot as it disables the BD Prochot which means it somehow disables the sensors where the computer realises it might be running let's say 1 degree warmer than it should and because of that it starts throttling to cool itself down.

Punch Card
Message 267 of 450 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]

But 295.73 increases BF3s performance. I used 285.62 and it was great, no stuttering/lag on Medium-high graphics but in 295.73 I was able to play with all my settings on Ultra. I wish Lenovo would do their job and fix this **bleep** problem! It's a shame because they make great laptops.

Edit: Does the 1% make the difference in fps? or is it the turbo boost? Can someone try this because I don't know how to check my fps, put your cpu thing to 100% and then download 'Throttlestop' (search google for it) and disable turbo boost. Thanks in advance.

Punch Card
Message 268 of 450 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]

Guys I have found a fix, but it involves downlaoding a program called 'ThrottleStop'. Search for it via Google, run ThrottleStop as administrator and tick the box next to 'Disable Turbo', do nothing else! Click 'turn on' on the bottom right and then minimise it and run the game. It's as simple as that and if you have your processor power management thing on 99% change it back to 100% because it makes a big difference, on 99% I could play BF3 on High with slight lag and when it is on 100% I could play with everything on ultra. I am pretty sure that this will work for you guys as well, I can confirm that it has worked on two Y570s so far. Try it and give me your feedback and give kudos to this post if this has helped you out and fixed your problem so that other people can fix this problem too. Good luck! Smiley Very Happy

Edit: This has worked for 4 Y570s so far! Smiley Very Happy

Paper Tape
Message 269 of 450 (866 Views)

Pito, absolutely incredible. This works! Everyone still having a problem, give this a try for sure. Thank you so much!

Punch Card
Message 270 of 450 (845 Views)

Glad I could help! Smiley Very Happy

Top kudoed Authors