Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,028
Message 1 of 23

Y570 Will not start! Black Screen

Hello, I have posted in these forums some months ago about the problem I've had with my laptop. I got it to work for about 1 month or so and now I can't start the laptop at all. Here's whats going on; Whenever I try to start it, the power buttons lights up as well as the 5 touch buttons (Mute, Volume, Fan control, etc). Then the fan starts up for about 2 seconds then it stops completely, I can hear the harddrive spool up and if I leave it on it starts getting really hot without the fan going off, which also puzzles me. It seems like the system is hanging because the "harddrive accessing" light next to the power button does not flash. I don't have the warranty anymore so thats out of the question, I've tried removing the power and battery and discharging the system but no luck. I've literally taken every removable part and putting it back but no luck.

Any suggestions? Tips? Any help at all is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,017
Message 2 of 23

Re: Y570 Will not start! Black Screen

<p>Take out the HDD and then try to start computer. It could be hardrive problem.

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,015
Message 3 of 23

can you see lenovo logo at start-up?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,003
Message 4 of 23

@ishaan wrote:

<p>Take out the HDD and then try to start computer. It could be hardrive problem.

I've been trying that but no success. 

Thanks for your response

ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,002
Message 5 of 23

@yigit wrote:
can you see lenovo logo at start-up?

No, nothing at all.

thanks

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,994
Message 6 of 23

In frBlank screen with lights can be because of 3 main reasons
1. Bad Bios(bios recovery is the solution here)
2. Graphic setting changed to discrete mode. (putting default settings in bios i.e power on ->F2->F9->enter->ESC->enter->enter.)
3. Bad LCD or Bad integrated Gpu(solution is mainboatd replacement)
One the other possibility is that RAM sticks are corrupt.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,991
Message 7 of 23

@ishaan wrote:
In frBlank screen with lights can be because of 3 main reasons
1. Bad Bios(bios recovery is the solution here)
2. Graphic setting changed to discrete mode. (putting default settings in bios i.e power on ->F2->F9->enter->ESC->enter->enter.)
3. Bad LCD or Bad integrated Gpu(solution is mainboatd replacement)
One the other possibility is that RAM sticks are corrupt.

If I get it to boot I'll check the BIOS settings, as for the "Bad Bios" how does one go about and fix that without getting a boot screen?

P.S. Whats a motherboard cost nowadays for this unit and where does one get one?

Thanks!

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,978
Message 8 of 23

Connect an external monitor...
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,973
Message 9 of 23

@indest wrote:
Connect an external monitor...

I tried it, but you can't even hear the laptop boot up, just the indicator lights are on and the harddrive is quitely spinning. I have a second Y570 that works and even if you don't have a display, you can hear the laptop turn on (electronic sounds, fan spinning. etc.) On this one, the fan just spins for 2 seconds and thats it, even if I keep it on and it gets hot the fan won't turn on.

Thanks for the advice

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,940
Message 10 of 23

Bad BIOS can be fixed by using pheonix crisis disk.
Motherboard can be brought for around 250 -350$. You could buy it from

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Laptop,System-Boards.aspx&sa=U&ei=tE1...

You could also have a look at this
www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/where-to-buy-motherboards-and-other-parts-for-cheap-132742.html
Good luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors