Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,168
Message 11 of 23

Re: Y570 Will not start! Black Screen

@ishaan wrote:
Bad BIOS can be fixed by using pheonix crisis disk.
Motherboard can be brought for around 250 -350$. You could buy it from

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Laptop,System-Boards.aspx&sa=U&ei=tE1...

You could also have a look at this
www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/where-to-buy-motherboards-and-other-parts-for-cheap-132742.html
Good luck

Thanks for the help. I tried looking for a mobo in these links but all they had was S9 and S10 IdeaPad motherboards. Even if I do find it, I think it'll be too pricey...I mean I got the laptop used for $375 in working condition 6 months ago. You think I'll get my money by selling the parts? It has an i5, and all other parts work..

Thanks!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,166
Message 12 of 23

Can i send these details via private message?
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,146
Message 13 of 23

Any other tips, tricks, or suggestions for this problem?? I want to try anything before completely parting out the laptop. Thanks!!!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,140
Message 14 of 23

If you have some other laptop at home , take its RAM out and test it in this laptop. And the option of bios recovery is still possible. So check these once and see if it works.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
ice_man19_90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,138
Message 15 of 23

@ishaan wrote:
If you have some other laptop at home , take its RAM out and test it in this laptop. And the option of bios recovery is still possible. So check these once and see if it works.

I'm going to try the ram again, as for the BIOS recovery how can I do it if I can't see the "Lenovo" screen?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,120
Message 16 of 23

In dead BIOS nothing comes except lights. Link for a tutorial http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/326954-case-you-kill-your-phoenix-bios-bios-recovery-met...
leafpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 878
Message 17 of 23

Lenovo Y570 Seemingly Fixed Itself, Advice wanted

Hi, so I recently dropped a battery on my laptop and it fell in between the trackpad and the spacebar, which caused the display to immediately fail. I didn't understand what the problem was, but the problem was almost exactly the same as http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y570-Will-not-start-Black-Screen/td-p/86078... . However, the next day, the computer began to start again, but it would shut off after about a minute, and now it seemingly works fine. I still suspect something happened with the motherboard, but I was wondering if I should get it checked out even if everything works now or are there certain things that I'm not seeing that could lead to more issues down the line. I'm also no longer under warranty, because if I was I would probably get it checked out anyways. Thank you for any advice,

Guru
Views: 869
Message 18 of 23

Re: Lenovo Y570 Seemingly Fixed Itself, Advice wanted

If it is working fine, then I would say that just take care and dont drop any thing else on it.

Also, take care while moving it. Hope you dont travel much with it.

Could be that when the battery fell (Which Battery?), it made some connection loose inside the laptop, and you saw those issues. Definitely, the damage cannot be ascertained without a harware check and you should only do it if you see the issue again.

This is my personal advice and opinion, I am an expert at taking care of my laptops and still weird things happen sometimes. (Like the 'Q' key failure after 8 months, I dont even touch the laptop keyboard, maybe thats the reason Smiley Tongue)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
leafpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 855
Message 19 of 23

I should have been clear when I said battery I meant a AAA battery like one you would put into a TV remote. Thanks for your advice.
Guru
Views: 853
Message 20 of 23

If it was just a AAA battery, should not cause much damage but you never know.

The other day I was fixing my laptop and I dropped a screwdriver on it Smiley Tongue (not from great height, it just slipped) , nothing happened.

So, as I said, could have just been something temporary, keep monitoring and hope nothing happens. Good luck.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors