Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordgreg
Paper Tape
Views: 642
Message 1 of 3

Y570 - Windows 10 upgrade problems

Hi all,

I own Lenovo Ideapad Y570 20091. After Windows 10 came out, it offered me an upgrade which I did without any problems. Then I've started noticing weird issues which I wasn't able to resolve until today. 

thing is, at least once per day, when I try to open start menu, it doesn't work. the loading indicator shows up for a second, dissapears and nothing happens. Same goes for any app's shortcut that is located in tray. If I have any shortcuts on desktop, they work. There's nothing I can do about it. Opening task manager and shuting down Explorer process and reopening it will show the task bar again but only with notifications icon, task view icon and start menu icon. Again, none of those options is clickable.

The only thing it will help at that time is to reboot the computer. 

Since this is happening on daily basis, sometimes even more than once per day, It started to get really really annoying and none of the options I've found so far using google helped. 

Can someone give me a possible solution to this issue?

thank you very much for your help and regards.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

lordgreg
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y570 - Windows 10 upgrade problems

So there isnt anyone that had a similar issue?

Looks like there's only one option... reformat -.-

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 577
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y570 - Windows 10 upgrade problems

Most likely the GPU driver is not Win 10 certified. If you can't find a better driver then your solution would be the same as here. Turning off Fastboot !!!  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-takes-forever-to-shut-down/td-p/1...

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors