Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dark13th
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,925
Message 1 of 11

Y570 and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet

Hi,

I've already seen a topic on this board with the same question and I know that there was no answer, so I've decided to start a new topic. I have a Lenovo Y570 and there were no problems with it until yesterday. It started with my Ethernet controller being unresponsible, then it disappeared from Device Manager. After reboot it came back, but with error code 12 (not enough resources). And after another restart really strange thing happened. My Broadcom Ethernet card became four different devices (one of them was an Ethernet card, one was Broadcom SD controller and two others were Broadcom Cardreaders - that to say, Y570 has a Jmicron SD cardreader) After deleting a PCI hub, under which these were located and refreshing configuration I've managed to make my Ethernet controller work, but it would sometimes hang my computer. So, there are four types of rebooting now:
1) Everything works - rare
2) No Ethernet controller or it is showing a code 12 - common
3) Four devices instead of one - sometimes
4) Hang on boot - sometimes

I've done as was written in the answer to old topic, but it helps only for some time, and when I use my Ethernet controller instead of WI-FI, it hangs every so often. So, the question is: is this a hardware or software problem? I'll try to use OKR to get to factory defaults, and if it still not working, then this is a hardware problem.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,853
Message 2 of 11

Re: Y570 and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet

You could try reinstalling the ethernet drivers first and then see if it gets solved.
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018310
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018700
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
dark13th
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,852
Message 3 of 11

That was a first thing to do. I've already tried it. It doesn't help.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,840
Message 4 of 11

Assuming there is any restore point prior to this problem, i suggest you do a system restore then see if problem persists if that doesnt work,then do a factory reset through one key recovery(if its work). If that too doesnt work then their could be hardware problem.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Ferrari88
Paper Tape
Views: 3,699
Message 5 of 11

I'm having the same issues. You can view my take on this issue here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y570-Ethernet-Port-Stopped-Working/m-p/9462...

Ferrari88
Paper Tape
Views: 3,626
Message 6 of 11

Have you called Lenovo Tech Support about this issue? I just called them tonight and was told I was the first person to call in with this sort of issue. They would not believe me that others are having the same problem and wanted to charge me $80 to diagnose the issue and then repair could range anywhere from $200-300, because the motherboard would have to be replaced if the controller has gone bad!!Smiley Mad

I suggest everyone having this issue to call Lenovo and make a formal complaint about the issue so that they are aware this is hardware problem from their end and not caused by the user. Then they might fix the issue for free!

AceCooper
Punch Card
Views: 3,594
Message 7 of 11

The problem with Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Adapter is not a software issue.

My Lenovo Y570 runs under Windows 7 x64 and when the ethernet adapter stopped working - I tried to run the LiveCD of Windows XP, Knoppix and Ubuntu - all of them failed to find the Broadcom Netlink Adapter.

For several weeks I've seen the Broadcom Netlink Ethernet Adapter with a yellow triangle and Error Code 12 status in my Device Manager, but then it dissappeared completely (I assume the controller is dead).

So this is a hardware problem, and I still can't find any other solution other then going to my local repair shop and fixing it for cash, because my warranty has ran out. I am having this issue for two months already, just now got the time to deal with it.

Ferrari88
Paper Tape
Views: 3,534
Message 8 of 11

This issue has become severally worse over the week. System is constantly freezing and not booting. It would get stuck on the BIOS boot screen, many times Windows would start booting and then freezing. Keyboard becomes unresponvie when prompted to select boot options i.e. 'Safe Mode, Last Known Good Settings, Launch System Repair, etc...' When these problems happen the CPU exponentially gets hotter and hotter, the fan starts blowing at full speed.

The only way I am able to get into Windows is to keep hard powering on and off the laptop until by luck chance it boots properly.

I'm really getting fed up with this. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau this weekend and making another phone call to Lenovo.Smiley Mad

If you are having these problems with your laptop please call Lenovo and complain so that we can get this problem resolved without having to pay!

astropj1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,537
Message 9 of 11

I have been having the same string of problems, occuring approx. coincident with the date of the posts.  Has anyone found a succesful resolution?

Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops!  Wrong year! Man, this post is dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad y570 | Windows 7 64bit | Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.2 GHz | RapidDrive EE 2.0 | Switchable Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 3000, Nvidia GeForce GT 555M) |
astropj1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,400
Message 10 of 11

I'm back! 

There are several threads about this topic.  In an attempt to consolidate them, please find a rather long post I've made here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad y570 | Windows 7 64bit | Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.2 GHz | RapidDrive EE 2.0 | Switchable Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 3000, Nvidia GeForce GT 555M) |

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors