Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Athanaric
What's DOS?
Views: 1,025
Message 1 of 2

Y570 annoying audio and Touchpad/mouse issues

Hello everyone.

I bought my IdeaPad Y570 about 6 months ago, and in the last month I've been experiencing some really really annoying issues. I run both Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit and Ubuntu on my machine, and these problems only occur on windows, hence it's not a hardware failure (I guess?) 

The problems are as follows:

- My entire sound in windows is just 'wrong'. It's not something i can particularly point out, but it is distorted and fuzzy in some manner. It gets worse when I plug in my earphones - most voices in songs become inaudible, the volume fluctuates with a mind of its own and it just makes everything hard and unpleasant. 

- The touchpad and mouse both work erroneously. Say I have no application / folder open and I see my plain desktop. I click to open a folder, it opens normally, but when I try to right-click or left-click on the desktop (which is now in the background), it doesn't work, the Minimize, maximize and exit buttons become unusable and i have to alt-tab 3-4 times to make it work again.

I repeat, all these problems occur only on Windows 7 and both the sound and the touchpad/mouse in Linux work perfectly.

I have tried to uninstall the Realtek driver and reinstall it again, i did it , but nothing changed. I also reinstalled the touchpad driver but again - no result whatsoever. 

I'd appreciate any help since it's only 6 month since I bought it and I didn't expect problems to occur so fast, especially with a preinstalled official version of Windows.

Any help?

Retired Partner
Views: 950
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y570 annoying audio and Touchpad/mouse issues

Hello Athanaric,

The issue certainly with software as drivers

Kindly update the BIOS then audio and touchpad driver

The issue should resolve after this.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors