Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asaleh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 636
Message 1 of 2

Y570 energy management

I am running Windows 8 on this Y570. I need thermal management to keep my laptop from overheating. However, this is embeded in the energy management, which also controls osd. Is there any way I can turn off the osd and just use the windows 8 version that looks better and that has more functionality?

Another issue faced with the energy management (which is related), is the start of WMP when clicking the play/pause button (FN-F9). I see no reason why this cannot be disabled, since clicking pause for xbox music simultaneously opens up WMP when energy management is installed.

Finally, if these are hardcoded and unchangeable (which is pretty lame), then does anyone know of any alternative way to change fan speed (an alternative to thermal management)?

Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 582
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y570 energy management

hi asaleh,

Regarding your questions:

1. The Lenovo Thermal Management works in conjuction with the Lenovo Energy Management app as stated in this article as with the OSD for screen brightness. AFAIK,  removing the enegy management app from the startup list will cause both OSD and the Thermal Management to stop working.

2.  Check this thread in disabling WMP whenever you press Fn+F9 (i tried this on a Z580 and it works flawlessly).

3. Some users have luck with SpeedFan in controlling the fan speeds. If this app doesn't work, this is probably a limitation on the BIOS.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors