Options

1 Posts

12-29-2011

USA

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 1 of 2

Y570 nVidia GPU disappears randomly, after OneKey Recovery, nVidia hardware does not show up.

2011-12-29, 21:15 PM

Hey, I'm new, but have been lurking this forum for a couple of months.

I got the Y570 late October, and since I bought it it's had weird issues with the nVidia 555m. When it would go to sleep/hibernate, etc and I would reawaken it, the GPU would go missing, as in it woul revert back to Intel HD graphics, and the switch would not turn it back to 555m. Also the hardware would not be detected anywhere in the system until I did a full Shut Down and Power On. A simple Restart within Windows would not fix this, but only a full Shut Down.

I then began getting BSOD randomly while gaming, thought it was over heating, but then it started doing that while I was browsing, or even when it's idle. I've heard it restart in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.

So I figure enough is enough, I had made the restore DVDs back when I got it, but I figured I'd do the Recovery from the Recovery partition using the included OneKey Recovery program.

Unfortuanately once I booted my computer back up, the nVidia hardware is still nowhere to be found. I tried all the drivers from Lenovo's support page, but they all say that no nVidia hardware was found, it's also not listed under device manager.

What to do?

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

CZ

9005 Signins

170423 Page Views

• Views: 170423
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y570 nVidia GPU disappears randomly, after OneKey Recovery, nVidia hardware does not show up.

2011-12-31, 20:52 PM

hi revos117.
it's gonna sound weird but can you try another one key recover?
( as i remember, one of the user had the same issue and it's fixed by re- okr installation. )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete