Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuyukazehime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 601
Message 1 of 8

Y570 no power

Hi!

I've owned my Y570 for almost 2 years now and it worked great the entire time! Recently, however, the laptop gets no power whatsoever. I was just playing skyrim on it yesterday and then i go to boot it up today and nothing, battery is dead, ac adapter does nothing. No lights on the front and doesn't power up. I checked my adapter and it's still at the proper voltage. I am a PC tech and have looked over the obvious things; I've removed ram and HDD, unplugged AC adapter and battery, held down power for 30 seconds multiple times etc. Still no power!

I've read other threads saying this is a known motherboard issue but I need to know from a Lenovo tech. Is this a common issue? Are there any easy fixes or do I need to spend 200$ to fix it? It's out of warranty and i've opened it several times to repair the hinges or to re-paste the cpu/gpu. It's taken a beating from my family misusing it but it was working JUST FINE up til today!!!

Please help!

sblessley2
Paper Tape
Views: 570
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y570 no power

My problem's with a Y560 and I have indicator lights on the front and keyboard - is your unit completely dead, or "zombie-like" like mine?
Highlighted
Fuyukazehime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 552
Message 3 of 8

No power at all, no front lights, wont boot. I tested the circuits and the unit IS getting SOME power so im thinking there's some circuitry that failed or something... I've heard something about some power management issues with this particular motherboard but i have no idea where the issue is as i don't have the schematics and dont know what voltages to expect at each particular circuit etc. So yea complete brick atm.

Fuyukazehime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 523
Message 4 of 8

Some feedback on my issue would be greatly appreciated!

Fuyukazehime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 495
Message 5 of 8

Bump

FlameZilla
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 6 of 8

I recently had the same problem. Luckily I had warranty so I RMA'd it. It was indeed a motherboard issue. Unfortunately the gpu on the new motherboard was defective, so I have to send it in again Smiley Sad.

Fuyukazehime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 443
Message 7 of 8

Seems the Lenovo support techs have no answers. Guess they can only help with the easy stuff =/

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 430
Message 8 of 8

Try google for "copal" or "Insyde H2O". I am not surprise that you can't find any diagram. It has been a practice for a long time by manufacturers not to include any schematic diagram with their product.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors