Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johannesbla
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 1 of 2

Y570 serious power issues.

My 3 year old Y570 can no longer charger while doing any "heavy duty" tasks, such as playing any computer game. This has been happening over the last two months. At the start it was only an occasional problem, but now every single time I try to play a game, the computer stops charging and eventually shuts down.

Please help me solve this!

Johannes.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 163
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y570 serious power issues.

hi Johannes,

If you rely on the AC adapter as the main source of power for the Y570 and then the system shuts down while using any graphics intensive apps then it's possible that one the scenarios below is the cause of the problem:

1. Machine is overheating and the unit shuts down to protect the system.

- To verify this, use softwares like HW Monitor to monitor the system temp (CPU, GPU, etc.). If the machine is overheating (reaching above 95 °C), cleaning the fan and replacing the thermal paste (or the heatsink) may resolve the issue

2. The AC adapter might be getting faulty and can no longer supply the computer enough power.

- In this case, a replacement power supply is necessary. If you have a spare AC adapter, I recommend you change to it for the meantime and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors