03-13-2015 03:34 PM
Hi! I have lenovo Y580 for about a 2 and half year model with Icore7 and Windows 7 64
In february my sound stopped to work well. I mean it started to stop and it's not working - the Winamp and other aplications inform me there is no sound device. I need to restart my windows service "Windows audio" or the sound will never came back... It often happens when I unplug or plug in the headphones - but there is nothing wrong with inputs I thinks because they are stable...
I found out that there is some kind of connection between the microphone who also started to work weird. Sometimes my friends hears me like I would sit far away from notebook and sometimes its work well.
I didnt changed any setting in my Windows sound settings.
Also I tried reinstalling the drivers, instaling the latest for my Sound card - Realtek Hd Audio ALC269... even formating my hard disc and installing fresh version of windows. The problem still occurs... and Im really desperate, because Im thinking that maybe the soundcard just died on my motherboard but I dont know how to check it.
Im really dont know what to do.
I would appreciate any kind of help!
03-13-2015 03:59 PM
Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
Im sorry to hear what happened...
Can you try Re creating the problem where the Audio will not work and your Music app will tell you that there is no Audio Device.
Now on that state, Open Device Manager and check under Sound and gaming controller.. See if the Realtek Audio Device is there.
If not then there is a problem detecting the Hardware.
Try a Power drain and Reset your BIOS.
If still the same thing. I'm Thinking you will need to have the AUDIO Device Checked, or most likley the Mainboard as the Audio chip is in it.
03-13-2015 11:09 PM - edited 03-13-2015 11:11 PM
Hi Solid_Cruver, when the problem is showing up the Realtek Hd Audio is still in Device Menager. But when I go Devices & Sound\Sound and I will try to test te speakers there is message that there is no Device.
I already have one USB Audio Device but the problem is I cannot use the builded speakers with it
Is there a software to test the motherboard or soundcard ?
03-16-2015 08:02 AM
Unfortunately there is no Application to test test and identify if the Sound chip in the mobo is bad or not.
Can you try.
1. Have the computer in a state where it has the Sound device Under Device Manager, Realtek right?
2. Now Right click on it and select Uninstall, when a pop up message appears asking if you want to " Delete driver software forthis Device"
3. Place a check on it and continue to Uninstall.
4. Restart the computer
5. Once the computer booted back up, Check Device Manager again under Sound and gaming controller.
6. If it says Realtek still, Repeat from step 1
7. Keep Doing the cycle until : When you restart the sound device under device Manager will say High Definition Audio, This states that we have installed a generic driver, See if it will sove the problem.
8. If the Same Issue using only a generic driver "High Definition Audio" Im thinking that the Sound Device is Bad,
You can also take a look at the connection of the Audio Board to the motherboard.
This is the Part Number
Hope this helps