Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luckysmack
Paper Tape
Views: 900
Message 1 of 5

Y580 Black bars on Screen

I purchased a Y580 a while back, and I am not getting black bars on the monitor (shown below). At first it seemed to be there randomly. But now it is on constantly. Opening or closing the screen at different angles does not change it. If I connect an external monitor, it has no issues. I can also see the black bar when windows is booting up as well. And it shows when I am in BIOS.

I feel like it may be a hardware issue. Possibly the wire connecting the monitor the the motherboard. But before opening the laptop, I have looked to see if I can purchase the cable anywhere, and I cannot find it. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Or does anyone know how else I could fix the issue somehow? The rest of the laptop is in really good shapre and do not want to have to get another one just because of this screen.

download_20140413_172934.jpg

Highlighted
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 878
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y580 Black bars on Screen

it sems like your laptop screen is failing to work propertly, it cannot be your graphic card since your saying it shows up fine on a external monitor so this is defently laptop screen itself failing so that would need you to send in your laptop to repair where they will re-place your monitor with a new one and if it appears fine on new one then they have solved your problem Smiley Happy
luckysmack
Paper Tape
Views: 869
Message 3 of 5

Could it possibly be the monitor cable inside the system. It has been a while since I purchased it so I do not believe it is under warranty any longer.

luckysmack
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 4 of 5

luckysmack
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 5 of 5

It ended up being that the screen itself really was bad. as the bars were also present in bios. So I got a new screen all together. 

I asked about the proper screen and answered the question here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y580-Is-this-the-proper-replacement-screen/...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors