Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluefrost13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,963
Message 1 of 3

Y580 Doesn't detect charger

A few days ago, I ran a battery gauge reset, and since then, the computer won't charge normally, or detect if the charger is plugged in. I've seen other threads where people have had the same problem, but the only solution that was there was get it repaired somewhere. The only way I can get it to charge is the method here, it's really annoying having to do this every time.

Is there another solution, or do I really have to take it somewhere to get it repaird

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,925
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y580 Doesn't detect charger

hi bluefrost13,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Windows uses the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery to charge laptop' batteries. Cab tiy try to:

1. Boot into the BIOS by pressing F2. When you're in, press F9 to load BIOS to defaults and press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

2. Refresh this settings under Device Manager (click Start > type Device Manager > navigate to Batteries > right click and uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and reboot).

3. If this doesn't work, the last thing that you could do is to press the One Key Recovery button to restore the unit to factory settings.

If all of the above fails,  there's probably a problem with DC-IN jack and there's no choice than to send the unit in for service. Support phone list here.

Hoep this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Scal24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,922
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y580 Doesn't detect charger

Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Sent it in last week, got it back and it says teh charging port was loose...

So now it's fixed but half of my keyboard doesn't work. Woohoo.

PS- don't run a battery guage reset with Lithium-Ion batteries, it can mess them up. And after this experience, I don't think i'll ever run one again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors