Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,611
Message 11 of 18

Re: Y580 Enabling VT-x

On my Y470, I have VT-x enabled by default. Try to look into your BIOS again and see if you can find something that says "Intel Vanderpool Technology". That's the VT-x option.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,607
Message 12 of 18

In older BIOS versions here's where it was.  I have a suspicion that something has changed with the Windows 8 compatible BIOS.  Don't have the Y580 any more to check Smiley Sad  This is from the 480/580 BIOS simulator - which isn't up to date Smiley Sad

@ Y580-Nathan,  I take it you've already tried running your VM app and it says VT is off?

Z.

Y480BIOSVT.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Y580-Nathan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,597
Message 13 of 18

@cbautis2 : I have looked all over the Bios settings and did not find anything at all like that. Seems like the current BIOS is hiding that option @zoltanthegypsy: yup, VMware is installed on my system and I can install any 32 bit OS, however, when i tried to install 64 bits OS like Server 2008 R2 for example, it threw this type of error: "VT is capaple but VT is not enabled".

BTW, can you show me how to do screen grab of the BIOS like you did?  it would be convenient to do screenshot and show to you guys what the BIOS setting is

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,594
Message 14 of 18

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear.  That snip is from a BIOS emulator running in a browser window.  It isn't from an actual BIOS screen.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jbeveridge52
What's DOS?
Views: 3,545
Message 15 of 18

All you have to do is press F2 to get into the bios.  Once you get into the bios go to intel Virtualization which will be disabled, and enable by pressing enter. Once it is enabled it will be good to go .  

marcelgolunski
What's DOS?
Views: 3,410
Message 16 of 18

Hi.
I stumbled across the same problem trying to run 64bit guest os in VirtualBox in Win 8 host os on my Y580.

By default VT-x is disabled on that PC.

Steps to be taken:
While Y580 is booting press F2.

Goto Configuration -> Intel Virtual Technology change value to Enabled

Link to image

Bios Version: 5DCN39WW(v 2.06)

And everything works fine.

Regards,

Marcel

Moderator note: image containing serial number removed for member's protection.   Image larger than 50k converted to link per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

5lyder
What's DOS?
Views: 3,347
Message 17 of 18

I can't enable virtualization here. My BIOS version is 5DCN40WW (v 2.07) and when I try to enable, it simply does not.

I go to the BIOS, enable Intel Virtual Technology and save the settings, but it doesn't work and when I go to the BIOS again it says it's disabled.

To be more specific, I have a japanese Y580 (model 209973J), the one with 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD. I've also updated to Windows 8 and separated the hard drives, so I have Windows 8 installed in the SSD and everything else in the HDD.

dphilguy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,478
Message 18 of 18

I am having the same issue on my Y580, when I try to enable the Intel Virtual Technology setting it just does not save.

Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors